1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

All New 2013 Fiat Linea T-jet Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by N Kiran, Jun 10, 2013.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Could you elaborate a bit more on the min 25k kms per year point? Its like an average of 68.5 kms per day.
    I might be able to convince my family and become a T-jetter soon ;)
    2 people like this.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    U buy a T-Jet anna, I'll come convince your wife and explain her how economical the T-Jet is and how much money you can save using a Petrol sedan ;).

And every time you want to go on a long drive, you can exchange your Jet with my 90. Just make sure you plan really long "long-drives" and that too very regularly when you buy the T-Jet. :p
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Driving a diesel car is always fun.accel pedal to metal and wait for turbo kick-in. etc etc... ::V

Tjet :- loved the disc brakes for all 4 wheels that too for active variant with abs ebd :eek:

vj_v1,
    saving is directly proportional to the driving style :D
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Im sure Kiran Anna understood what i was trying to say.
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    As already said Diesel prices are slowly getting closer to Petrol and at one point there won't be any difference and does that really justify the extra M's paid for the Diesel Cars..? Any one please share the on road cost of TJeT vairiants and will it really be worth for the kitna dehti hai janta..
  6. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    partly :eek:fftopic
    They will become closer, but never same if the current tax structure stays. In Bangalore for example, the difference of about Rs. 10 will remain. But I agree with other views in the forum that diesel advantage is slowly vanishing and you really need 'very high running' to justify higher upfront cost.
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    You can definitely have my car, if at all I am lucky enough to own one. I have already started to give hints to my wife about the difference in fuel prices. Yesterday, when I filled my tank the price was 54.7* per litre diesel. Also discussed about the mouth watering price and equipment level offered on T-Jets. :D

T-jet has a Turbo too Anna.
    There is no longer any style involved in Hyderabad traffic. Drive a Ferrari or a Nano, you got to crawl all the way on the roads.
    My MJD is returning ~12.5 kmpl for the past 20 days (Thanks to the Hyderabad Metro Rail Works). Running cost of T-jet would not just be a hole in the pocket, but in the whole trouser.

I completely understand your kind intentions.
    2 people like this.
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    You probably haven't driven the T-Jet then! It's more FTD than the Diesel for sure man, try it. The turbo kick is very prominent in the T-Jet and you get the pinning to seat effect.
    3 people like this.
  9. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Thinking to drop in at Tejaswi this weekend if T-jet is available for TD.
  10. devansn

devansn Novizio

Coimbatore
    When it comes to the TJet, the cost doesn't really matter - follow your heart. The lesser cost difference is only a bonus.

I am trying to put down a few numbers here, that you may feel free to use for "internal" marketing of the TJet:

Annual Running: 15000 kms (30 Km on EACH working days, 2 long drives (1500 kms each) per year plus 450 kms every month)
    Annual Diesel Cost (@17.5 kmpl, Rs. 55/litre): Rs. 47000/-
    Annual Petrol Cost (@12.5 kmpl, Rs. 65/litre): Rs. 78000/-
    Monthly Extra cost for TJet: ~ Rs. 2500/-

Annual Running: 10000 kms (30 Km. every alternate working day, 2 long drives (1500 kms each) per year plus 260 kms every month)
    Annual Diesel Cost (@17.5 kmpl, Rs. 55/litre): Rs. 31000/-
    Annual Petrol Cost (@12.5 kmpl, Rs. 65/litre): Rs. 52000/-
    Monthly Extra cost for TJet: ~ Rs. 1750/-

Considering that diesel will mostly cost the same as Petrol in one or two years, the above calculations would look like:
    Annual Running: 15000 kms (30 Km on EACH working days, 2 long drives (1500 kms each) per year plus 450 kms every month)
    Annual Diesel Cost (@17.5 kmpl, Rs. 65/litre): Rs. 56000/-
    Annual Petrol Cost (@12.5 kmpl, Rs. 65/litre): Rs. 78000/-
    Monthly Extra cost for TJet: ~ Rs. 1800/-

Annual Running: 10000 kms (30 Km. every alternate working day, 2 long drives (1500 kms each) per year plus 260 kms every month)
    Annual Diesel Cost (@17.5 kmpl, Rs. 65/litre): Rs. 37000/-
    Annual Petrol Cost (@12.5 kmpl, Rs. 65/litre): Rs. 52000/-
    Monthly Extra cost for TJet: ~ Rs. 1250/-

Two Dominos Cheese pizzas cost about Rs. 1250/-

I hope the calculations is not overkill... :)
    6 people like this.