1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

All New 2013 Fiat Linea T-jet Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by N Kiran, Jun 10, 2013.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Why FIAT has increased the ground clearance of Tjet :-( which will affect on its dynamics.

Why 190mm ka GC for a Sedan :confused.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  2. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Still they haven't Updated the FIAT Website w.r.t Tjet So sad :(

Launch & Interiors & exterior pics available below website :)

Fiat Linea Tjet launch
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  3. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    This is a zillion dollar question. Also, I don't think the T-Jet had scraping issues like the NA Linea.
  4. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Kiran,

Great Coverage, thanks for the quick updates.

Do you think that even in 2014 it is not going to come?? I am waiting for it since my beloved punto left me by Jan 13.

Regards
    Gopi
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Why do you want to wait for the 1.6 MJD? Go and get the T-Jet. Petrol and Diesel prices may be very close in 2014. Petrol may be a preferred option in another 2/3 years.
    1 person likes this.
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Agree.

During the event FIAT showed us some statistics about closing difference in petrol-diesel pricing. More importantly: in the segment that Linea is positioned (C+) the petrol:diesel sales ratio is 1:1 (1 petrol car sold for every diesel car sold). As the petrol-diesel price difference will narrow this ratio will only tilt in favour of Petrol sedans.

As far as the 1.6 MJD is concerned - let me tell you that the discussion can RIP. Unless a miracle happens there is no chance the Linea is going to see the 1.6 MJD.

For the foreseeable future (and at least till the end of this year) this is all that you are going to see in terms of new product launches. Fiat's attention now shifts back to setting up new dealerships and streamlining the service.

Amogh
    1 person likes this.
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Good pricing and VFM indeed as others have quoted. ABS and All-wheel disc is a welcome move, buy the Active version and pimp it up.

Keeping the 1.6 MJD discussion aside, I think the sheer efficiency difference will make us think when deciding between Petrol & Diesel. Aren't the T-Jet and MJD prices the same in which case if you want mile crunching ability without pinching your pocket MJD makes sense even at similar fuel prices.

I know of a person who got 4 KMPL on the T-Jet and the same person wasn't able to get it down below on 12 on my MJD. Now only if the T-Jet is plonked inside the Punto!
    1 person likes this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Currently the MJD Active variat costs Rs. 8.15L and the T-Jet Active is priced at 7.6L ex-showroom Delhi.

Do you think that the 1.6 MJD will cost the same at the T-Jet? IMO, if the 1.6 is launched it will be priced at least 9L exshowroom for the entry level variant which is good 1.5L more than the T-Jet.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Oil firms are allowed to hike diesel price by 40-50 paise every month. currently in bangalore, the difference is Rs 15.5 between a liter of diesel and petrol.
    Assuming :
    1. diesel price is hiked 50 paise every month,
    2. petrol price remains same.

It will take 31 months for the prices to become same. fuel efficiency is another advantage in terms of money with diesels.