1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

All New 2013 Fiat Linea T-jet Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by N Kiran, Jun 10, 2013.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    same ad is there today in TOI bangalore edition first page!
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  2. ops

ops Amatore

Kathmandu
    Nepal
    Punto Abarth
    Has anybody in this forum done test drive of 2013 t-jet? Test drive from pre 2013 t-jet owner comparing with new one will especially be helpful. Special attention to handling/ride due to raised GC and Steering behavior will be much appreciated.
  3. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Ops..checkout Team Bhp forum..in there see the thread linea tjet test drive review 87 page..Karthik has done a phenomenal review of his 2011 tjet with 2013 tjet..ther's no difference in ride/handling now due to raised GC and steering is much lighter at low speeds compared to 2011 tjet's but weighs up nicely as speeds rise like old tjet..Man wen is Fiat India sending T-Jet TD cars to non metro cities??guys like me,ops and other non metro guys cant feel the power of new T-Jet..what is stopping Fiat to send T-Jet's to non metro city like Hubli??
    1 person likes this.
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @ops I have driven both pre-2013 and 2013 TJet.

What I found was:

1. Looks wise, the 190mm GC makes Linea look at it worse.

2. Performance of the car still remains same, as its the same engine. You can drive it with ease in city and 207 Nm of torque is something you'll love to drive.

3. Handling, the new TJet handles well at triple digits too. I could do upto 130 km/h and trust me, it feels at home even at those speeds.

4. Due to raised GC, the ride quality of all Fiats has been affected a bit when compared to older Fiats. Still, it was comfortable and not that bad at the rear seats.

5. Bit of a body roll shows its presence in the new TJet when compared to the older one.

6. Brakings, I just have to say "Wow". The new TJet gets all 4 discs and the brakings are just so so confidence inspiring, they give you all the room to enjoy your drive. I tested hard brakings at the speed of 120 km/h and wow, the vehicle just slows down without losing the straight line.

Overall, if I were a petrolhead and if I had to choose a car, without even giving it a second thought I would have bought it home.

Take an extensive test drive on highway to feel the car, am impressed with the machine :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    2 people like this.
  5. ops

ops Amatore

Kathmandu
    Nepal
    Punto Abarth
    @nadeem-ahmed
    Thanks. I read team bhp review. It was wonderful. Since I am not member of that forum I could not post specific query I have in my mind. When lot of td reports same findings then it become convincing.

@ imranshks

Thanks a lot for your input. What is your opinion about steering being light at low speed? Is there any difference in feedback?
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @ops I just read about it a lot that steering has been re-calibrated. Honestly, I found no difference in the steering.

It's still precise, gives good feedback (especially quick lane change on a TJet is fun, it gives total control of the car).

Maybe, my Punto also has the same steering setup, so it would be a good idea to check with old TJet owners on the steering part coz I definitely dint feel it was light. It's just perfectly weighted hydraulic setup :thumbup:

1 person likes this.
  7. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    @ops, I test drove the new T-jet, when I went to Vecto motors for my Linea service. IMO, The 190mm GC does not make it look so odd, rather I like it mainly to avoid scrapping the bangalore humps. It did not change the handling whatsoever. The light steering is what I had a little issue with, as the feedback is less and does not give you driving a heavy car, I like to feel it little heavy for a better feedback, just my opinion. Ingress and exit were good, back-seat comfort was not so good as per my wife, she felt it was bouncy comparatively (to our Linea NA), it may be due to improper tyre pressure. As a driver, the pickup was awesome, the accleration is at your command, you tap it and it zooms, beyond 1500 rpm, it brings a special smile in your face. For me except for the acceleration part, I did not find much difference to NA Linea, yeah the GC as well. But it is VFM at the current price and no car in this segment can match it for Performance, handling and goodies.
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    No Update from any Hyderabad friends for TJet TD. Seems I will have the same exp as VW Vento TD ( after 1 year of TD booking).
  9. ops

ops Amatore

Kathmandu
    Nepal
    Punto Abarth
    Thanks for your replies. I also prefer steering with good feedback. Looking forward to opinions of those who have performed TD.
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @ops I dint find it light on TJet nor do I find it light on my Punto, both being 2013 models (re calibrated steering). It might be lighter compared to older models but definitely a lot better than any EPS unit any day.

About the steering feedback, it remains consistent irrespective of the speed you are driving, I guess that's the case with all FIAT cars :)

Good luck man, hope to see your TJet soon, am sure the vehicle wouldn't disappoint the driver in you.

Cheers :thumbup:

1 person likes this.