1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

All New 2013 Fiat Linea T-jet Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by N Kiran, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Geared Up

Geared Up

Chennai
    I am super excited about the T jet's come back like you boys. I am on the verge of signing the deal. The only thing that is stopping me is the 20mm extra GC that it has now. I prefer the 2010, 170 mm GC. How tedious is getting the old GC back? I believe it involves other modifications like the suspension if GC is tampered with. And guess I should get it done outside separately and I am worried if it can be done like a factory finish.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even with higher GC not much dynamics has changed. Take long test drive to get yourself satisfied. Increased GC has its own advantages. Go ahead and enjoy the beast.

Sent from my Nexus 4
  3. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    I am waiting for a test drive to evaluate the dynamics before booking the car. By the way, did anyone here got a chance to TD the beast ?
  4. Geared Up

Geared Up

Chennai
    I did. Yesterday! And will probably drive today as well. Since I have not driven the older one, I am afraid I am not of much use.
  5. mail2maverick

mail2maverick Timido

Bangalore
    That was a blunder from my side. Thanks for correcting me :p i misread the 1.4 TSI engine. It has both intercooler and supercharger. But point taken.

Keep revving.
  6. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Overall, what is your feel about the car ? RDC guy called me today said that he will come with TD vehicle today for me.
  7. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Test drove the T-Jet yesterday; the Emotion variant! Never driven a Linea before.
    Liked:
    1. City driveability is very nice. No much gear changes were required. N Kiran has posted in the first post about the city driving improvement.
    2. Ride quality was very nice. I have been complaining about my Punto2012 being harsh on ride quality. But here I am suprised with the 190mm GC riding so well; I suspect Fiat has done some improvement! SA was not aware.
    3. Dynamics & handling truly wonderful. ( Can't compare with older Linea coz I have not driven).
    4. Leather seats look damn neat and give a premium feel.
    5. about showroom; has an upmarket feel unlike old TATA-FIAT showroom. A video is displayed on their TV with T-jet being driven my some national race drivers. All kind of manouvers shown which depict brilliant dynamics, braking prowess and power delivery of the car of steel.

Disliked:
    1. FIAT please change the centre console atleast for the T-Jet.
    2. Showroom guys have polished the dashboard with too much oil/polish substance. Looks better in matte finish.
    3. The C-pillar on the inside should not have been in black colour. Mismatch with A-pillar.

I am not touching the power delivery, engine, braking, AC, etc which we all know how beautiful the TJet is in these aspects.

I checked the customer log book. People have been coming only for TJet TDs!!! SA told me they've got 3 bookings on Saturday itself.
    Met a few customers and tried my best to share my best experience about my GP with them. Hope Pandit can convert prospective customers to real ones!
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
    4 people like this.
  8. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    I remember the SA of Oberai Motors, Dehradun saying something about such video when we took a TD in Feb 2011, but have not seen it. This can made a brilliant ad. It will atleast be much better than the one which is currently on air. Will drive people to Fiat showrooms to take a TD of the Jet.
  9. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Just completed the TD with T Jet now :D, overall impressed with the car. It was the emotion variant. I have driven it on bad roads and and a highway like stretch on the OMR for a distance around 15 Kms.

Few points I have noticed

1. The increased GC has not affected the handling dynamics. Absolutely no body roll at all :D. Tried at around 100 KMPH and felt in absolute control.
    2. The ride was smooth on bumpy roads, nothing to complain about.
    3. Gear shift was OK, felt a bit hard. Probably will improve after the runin.
    4. The spare wheel is not an alloy :???:, the SA explained that FIAT is avoiding that to reduce cost :(...
    5. The glove box was not closing properly. SA explained that they can correct it by adjusting the lock.

OTR Price for emotion variant in Chennai is Rs.10,48,662/-

Sreejith
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Would be great if u could record that video or asked for a soft copy of it for us. That should be the video on TV and other medias! ;)

Why on earth cant FIAT fix it themselves in the first place. This is too bad from them. The quality department is either not present at FIAT or they are just outsourced to some govt office :A

I really wish FIAT picks up fast on maintaining high quality. Cmon FIAT...
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013