1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

All New 2013 Fiat Linea T-jet Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by N Kiran, Jun 10, 2013.

1. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yes ,Checked some of the pics uploaded by auto blog and it was really Horrible to see the fitting of some panel inside of T-jet,,,,Lucky enough that not all sites paid attention to this . Fiat-Linea-Tjet-controls.jpg
  2. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    Great news but a classic case of too little too late. What may probably sell even now is the Fire engine if Fiat chooses to continue and sell it at slashed down rates - at least by a few lakhs, though even then it might not sell in large numbers. Unfortunately public interest has now shifted to the newer and upcoming models of other brands. If nothing else the Linea is now considered an old model - to put it politely actually.

But then the T-Jet is what Fiat should have launched 4 years ago in the first place, at reasonable and competitive rates, the same at which we bought our Fire Lineas. Most people used to get put off by the heavy lag of the Fire-equipped car besides the other factors of course due to which customers used to say Tata(pun intended) and never come back. The Fire engine is just not made for such a heavy car.

When I bought the Linea Emotion Pack in 2010 I used to struggle with the pick up as it used to feel like sitting on a slow elephant when starting from zero. The worst part was that in bumper to bumper traffic, cars from both sides used to come in front of me easily as though I had slowed down the car just for them to get in front of me, the car used to lag so much. I got quite fed up with this and decided to do something about it other than just selling off the car. I did a lot of research and decided to instal Kiirus product in 2011. It was only then I got good pick and excellent torque, and I considered my mission as accomplished.

My car feels like a T-Jet since then - and yes I have test driven a T-Jet just to be sure.

If Fiat continues Fire you can get yourself a cheap T-Jet by buying a Fire Emotion and getting it remapped with Kiirus :). On the other hand if you own one of the elephant-slow Lineas you can get it remapped and enjoy the great pick up and torque. Unlike Pete's you don't need to fiddle with anything and no one can detect it and finger you while servicing etc. No 'side effects' either.

No need of buying a T-Jet unless you want high GC and a few goodies thrown in. Get innovative and save some money!

(Disclaimer - I am not affiliated with Kiirus , just my experience for the benefit of others especially those who might be thinking of buying a Linea)
    2 people like this.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    MODS NOTE - OT content deleted.

Thanks. Please use appropriate thread.
  4. sashank82

sashank82

Gurgaon
    Extreemly disappointed with FIAT.

Thought they will do something nice with the T-Jet, bump up the power to 150 bhp, push the torque up to 250 Nm, give it some nice 17" alloys and black leather interiors, Sat Nav, 6 speed auto and charge Rs. 12 Lacs Ex Delhi... and 100's would have happily queued up outside the delership at 5 am in the morning to buy one.

Alas, we have again been served the same old Linea (good one though) with a different engine and no excitement to draw people to the showrooms, No reason to feel good about FIAT, no reason to sell my Punto, no differetiation, i guess we will have to settle for the same 4 year old line up. And what after that? Again i guess (4 speed) Hyundai Verna Diesel Auto?
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Yeah, right. That would be the logical thing to do, when they introduced trendsetting 112 HP with 207 Nm torque 3 years back and the cars sold like hot cakes :D

Rajan
    4 people like this.
  6. sashank82

sashank82

Gurgaon
    @Patchy Boy,

I meant the same hundered (refer my post) at least will go back and pick it up:)
  7. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    'Competitive rate' is a subjective term. At this price point, forget 3 years back, I don't think there is anything in the current market being sold with the performance like that of T-Jet. And that means, Linea T-Jet maybe "old" its competitors aren't any "new" in terms of their products performance.

I was casually browsing few days back and I saw no cars in ~8-12L category had all disc brakes! Diesel like torque (which petrol car has 207nm torque at 8L) good bhp numbers, the build, the looks and the performance at 8L for me is competitive.
    1 person likes this.
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I had been for service, and as per showroom owner the production for NA has been stopped and shall not be resumed. So, TJet would be the only version that would remain in production once all existing NA pieces get exhausted

Glad to see the BEST petrol saloon under 12 lacs to be back. Hope this time it is marketed properly (which does not seem to be true till now :( )
  9. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Which service center did you go to ? Kashyap ?
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    It may be late, but not over. The price point at which Active version is being offered is a steal. In the Rs 15 lakh range, only the Laura RS is better by a big margin and Cruze may be better by a small margin

No, avoided Kashyap due to bad reviews but now feel that Kashyap would have been better