1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

All Hail Crusoe! Story of my T-jet+ (38K Kms done)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Biraj, Aug 3, 2013.

1. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Fantastic, you got to drive at the BIC! How did the tyres cope up? Your car looks like it's got the high ground clearance package.
  2. Biraj

Biraj Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Rear brake-pads changed at 30,900 KMs.

Yesterday morning, I observed some weird noise while going over pot-holes. Spoke with Mr. Sharma and took Crusoe to Kashyap Okhla. They inspected the noise and found that the jumping rod was loose. Tightened it and also retorqued the suspension parts. They inspected the brakes and told me that rear ones have only ~2K KMs left in them. With a car as powerful as T-jet, taking risk with brakes is not a good a idea. So, got the rear brake-pads changed. They cost INR 6,000 Shockked.gif Brembos would have been cheaper but the OEMs of T-jet are also very reputed. While Fiat might have low costs for spares for regular Lineas and Puntos, the spares for T-jet are quite expensive.

Total bill was 6500 will labour. Work was done quite promptly.

The OEM tyres were pathetic and had to be replaced at 26,000 KMs. Perhaps, BIC had caused a significant wear. I changed them to <hold your breath> CEAT GRIPP LN :D They came at 6800/piece. It's been 5000 KMs and the tyres have held on quite well. They are less noisy than OEM Goodyears and offer decent grip.

The suspension is still stock and the ground clearance is 170 MM.
    prabhjot, nkrishnap and Ravi like this.
  3. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Your car looked a high in the photo's, hence the question about the ground clearance. With the pre 2012 setup the Jet should have handled well on the circuit but I am sure the tyre's would have just given away. And a drive on a circuit takes a big toll on the tyres if you drive the way you are supposed to drive on a circuit!

Good thing you changed the OE tyres before you did 30k or 40k kilometres and if you are happy with the Ceat's, we shouldn't be having a problem :).
    Biraj likes this.
  4. Biraj

Biraj Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Crusoe's third birthday is just a few days away. It has done 38,200 KMs till now and continues to be a delightful and reliable chariot. Did some long trips in December and completed almost 4,000 KMs in the month of December. Started with a trip to Lucknow and then followed it up with a trip to Ahmedabad.

• Ghaziabad - Lucknow - Ghaziabad: While the YEW part was like a walk in the park, crossing Kanpur and Unnao was like 'Highway to Hell'. Suffered some strong under-body hits near Unnao but once again the sturdy under-body protection saved the day. Got 16 KMPL on the expressway with avg of 115 KMPH, and an overall efficiency of 13 KMPL.
    • Ghaziabad - Ahmedabad - Ghaziabad: Delhi-Udaipur is a road-trip I will recommend to all the T-jeters in this region. Fantastic roads beyond Jaipur, and if you decide to move beyond Udaipur, you can enjoy some long sweeping curves. Perfect setting for the T-jet. I must have left some Citys, Swifts in awe while overtaking them on the curves at some really high (unmentionable) speeds. Got 13.5 KMPL during the onward journey, and returned with 11 KMPL (no need to mention the speeds :D) during the return journey.

I booked Crusoe on December 19, 2011. 3 years ago it was a gamble as I was going for a brand that wasn't trusted (many still don't) by many, a car that wasn't proven, an engine that was unknown to its segment, a colour that was difficult to maintain. After traveling >3500 KMs in less than 3 weeks on some of the best and worst roads in India, my love and admiration for Crusoe continues to increase. It has never let me down and has managed to impress with its amazing ride, handling, acceleration, comfort, luxury, and of-course the appearance.

Once again - All Hail Crusoe!!!
    5u3zEr0, prabhjot, pabhishek and 2 others like this.
  5. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats on about to be completing 3 years with the Jet. Delhi-Udaipur was the trip I wanted to go for this December but couldn't do it due to extremely foggy conditions. The gamble[umm...] paid off buddy! Enjoy to the hilt!
    Biraj likes this.
  6. Biraj

Biraj Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Saket, you should definitely try it once the season of fog subsides. I got stuck in horrible fog between Behror and Manesar, it was absolutely zero visibility and had to trail a truck at <20 KMPH.

Whenever you go, I will recommend taking a hotel that is not situated on Lake Pichola. The roads near lake Pichola and city palace are extremely narrow and not suitable for the long wheelbase/turning radius of Linea. Don't miss out on a dinner at Ambrai. Here's the view that it offers.

DSC05056.JPG
    asimpleson and prabhjot like this.
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats on upcoming anniversary @Biraj !!
    You enjoyed so much there, please give us a glimpse too by posting a few pics :)

Happy tjetting!
    Biraj likes this.
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Biraj: Yeah, I know what I missed out on and it's on my mind. I would surely go for this journey and waiting when it could materialize. I cancelled it the morning I was to start due to the fog. Damn! Thanks for suggestions. I have your mobile number and will seek your recommendation about certain aspects when it materializes.
    Biraj likes this.
  9. Biraj

Biraj Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Happy B'day to you
    Happy B'day to you
    Happy B'day dear Crusoe
    Happy B'day to you.

Crusoe has turned three today. To give him some bragging rights, I took him to a remote village in Himachal Pradesh on Sunday and returned yesterday night. Crusoe managed some roads that many other sedans would have struggled on.

A trip of ~800 KMs with ~350 KMs in the hills and the remaining on fast four-laned highways, and still getting an efficiency of 12 KMPL is quite commendable for a turbo-charged fun-to-drive car.

Really glad at the decision I took three years ago. All Hail Crusoe!!!

Here are some pics from the trip. Rest in the travelogue (when I get time). :D

DSC05082-001.JPG DSC05159.JPG DSC05167.JPG DSC05172.JPG IMG_20150225_102144.jpg IMG_20150225_092701.jpg DSC05189.JPG
    sdp1975, Mabams1826, varunrtr and 4 others like this.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Those were some real nice set of pics!
    Congrats to Crusoe!!
    Biraj likes this.