1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

All four alloy wheels declared 'bent' - no noticeable wobbling

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Abhiteamfiat, Aug 2, 2013.

1. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is the same issue faced by me. No noticeable bends; but ASS states 3 Alloys bent. Strange..... Very Strange. I totally agree with Abdul on the stock alloys and investment.

BTW any good place in Chennai to get this verified other than the LAL's?
  2. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Im also on the bandwagon of bent alloy complaint. Mine also has all 3 alloys bent, and initially, i also felt that there was no noticeable behaviour change due to this complaint. But i noticed some rough ride while i was going with a full load on the car (5 people with little luggage on the trunk). The rear alloy bend was causing a slight bumpy ride on a clean flat cement road !

Any good places in chennai who repairs bent alloys well would be very helpful.
  3. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    ^^ This is a very good observation. Even I have slight bent on my rear alloys and experiencing little bumpy feel even on a flat road.
  4. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    Guys a wobble would be more noticeable at a slow speed, try driving your beauty on a straight patch of road, leave the steering drive really slow and try and notice if the steering is swinging like a pendulum to and fro, if so you have a wobbling issue, it might not be visible or noticeable at high speeds, also no need to get stock alloys, after market are just fine. But please take a suggestion from someone before you go for one.
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Did you ask the SA about how he found the bents in the alloy. If not ask him again & check whether he is able to show it or not?

SA will say you anything but you have to cross question him always. This is make you clear about any ifs & buts.
  6. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    Same issue happened with my Linea couple of years back. Had 2 of the alloys bent (slight). Asked the SA to show the bend and the SA (Concorde motors, Diary Circle Bangalore) lifted the car up and showed by rotating the wheels, a very slight bend, the wheel rotates little outside the circle. But the SA was good enough to tell me that they have moved the wheels to back, so that I don't feel any discomfort while driving. There is not noticeable bend in the external look, as it used to be in steel rims, so driving with the bend for last 2 yrs without any issues. When tyre rotation happens these come in front, so drive with it for a while and again move them back. When they are in front, I feel no difference as such.

Is there any place where we can get this corrected. TASC told me Vijaya tyres in JP nagar does correct alloy issues, but have not yet tried it.
    1 person likes this.
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    If SA is showing the bents on the alloys then there is not an issue of looting.

The alloy bent can be corrected from the professional wheel balancing centers.
  8. Ballu

Ballu

Bangalore
    Is anybody aware of fixing bent alloy wheels in Bangalore? TASS told me that my Punto also has 2-3 bent wheels :(
    Can we replace alloys through insurance? Would insurance consider these kind of cases? ( as they typically look for accident and damage related to those damages)
  9. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Is that correct ?
  10. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    AFAIK it is not possible to correct bent alloys. Guru's please throw light.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2