1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

All four alloy wheels declared 'bent' - no noticeable wobbling

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Abhiteamfiat, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Abhiteamfiat

Abhiteamfiat

Noida
    For my 2010 Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion pk- the fiat service centre has declared all the four wheels as bent and suggested for replacement. I do not find any visual signs for the bends. I have got the balancing done at a tyre shop and all wheels are 'balanced' now. The car has done only 22800 Km. Each replacement shall cost around 10k. What is advisable?
    1. Should I go for OEM replacement (all four) for around 40K and be ready for such expensive replacements in future too.:eek:
    2. Should I continue driving the car without thinking too much, as I do not find any complaints while driving. I drove till 130 kph without any change in behavior of the car.:rolleyes:
    3. Should I go for the steel rims and manage economical replacements as and when required and forget driving a sedan with 'alloy wheels':(
    Anybody with similar experience?
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

If it aint broken,why fix it?
    If your car is running fine without any wobbling why bother?
    1 person likes this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Get an opinion from technician outside of TASS too or from a fellow TFIian expert who might feel the wobbling due to bent alloys.
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

If the owner cant feel it?,then why?
    I would trust the car's owners as to what he/she feels rather than the in house experts at after sales.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    A noob in car like me may not feel it or not able to recognize some times due to lack of knowledge or experience. I do not feel bad in getting an opinion from a fellow friend.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

If you call yourself a noob,i cant help that.
    But a person with basic knowledge as to how the car behaves will know as to when the steering is wobbling and when it is not.
    OP has written that he checked the car till 130 and there was no noticeable change in behavior,so i think that nails it for him.
    2 people like this.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Firstly, you are saying there are no visual signs. Then you add that you got the balancing done. You further go on to say that you do not see any change even at 130 kmph.

Why bother?

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Looks like these service center guys think that we have a "Note printing machine" back home and we can help them with some on every visit to service center.

My advice and experience, don't just go by words of service center guys..try to validate if its something really genuine replacement or just another money making tactic..

Also, if the car behaves normal at 130 kmph, what else is worrying you man ? :confused:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Seems to me that the ASC has invested in a stock of alloys and have decided to push to each customer. A gullible one may fall for it and it could be a success rate of 1 in 10 buying and boosting sales for the ASC. Stupid fellow should have known that suggesting all four to be replaced is pushing too far. He also may not know that a few may consult with TFI before going ahead with any suggestion that is fishy.

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  10. It's a money making racket bro, if it ain't wobbly at 130 ..... There's nothing wrong with it .......just enjoy your drive...

Cheers