1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

All About Upgrading Tyre Size

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by moksh, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    185/70 R14 profile is on the higher side you can consider 185/65 R14 and 185/60 R14 as well you will get a much flater ride and superior Road grip.
    But if your main concern is GC then 185/70 is ideal, yes there is a 70 mm of height but the downside of this is you will experience roll effect and if the tire pressure is high you can's ride quality might get a little bumpy.

If you have the budjet to pick up 15 inch rims then 195/60 R15 is the ideal tire, you also have 195/65 R15 with an increase of 5mm height.
  2. dev

dev

Mysore
    Ok, going ahead with Linea Rims on 195/65 R 15. My thought are to get Cheaper tyres for the rear and BS MY-02 for the front.

As I have to replace all the four Tyres. Any inputs ??
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Better to change all 4 with same tyres, try to sell existing tyres and see if you can get some money there.
    MY-02 is good choice.
  4. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    I recently changed my Linea tyres to Yokohama A Drive 195 /65 /R15...Driven 5k after that and till now very much satisfied.. My other option was Michelin XM 1+ which seems to be the best along with BS..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    What price was that would you share for Yokos.. I got them for Linea for about 4900/- per piece.
  6. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    I got it for 5k per tyre :) And they did the wheel alignment & balancing free of cost :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

I wanted to go for Michelin. But my regular tyre wala was not dealing with them. Thought I shouldn't make him sad, so selected Yokos & its really good too :)