1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

All About Upgrading Tyre Size

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by moksh, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Soms.ns

Soms.ns Timido

Bangalore
    Changed the 44k run JK Tyre to Bridgestone Turanza e60. Done 1.5k now. Chose this because, its Less noisy compared to Yoko A Drive, MRF Z LO. Michelin XM2 is the most silent and best for Highways and City Drives (Not for the road conditions we have in Coorg).

I Turanza e60 has a better comfort, compared to Potenza which has clocked approx 10k in my friend's Swift.

Cost: 4300 per Tyre.
  2. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Guys for those who are not aware..now 195/60/R15 is available in XM2 range as well... previously this size was available in Primacy LC only...!!:p
    Previously i had used XM1+ on my 1.9 D and i was completely satisfied with them.
    1 person likes this.
  3. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    What is the stock tyre size of a 2009 diesel Fiat Punto Emotion?
  4. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    2009 emotion-175/70/r14
    2009 emotion pack-195/60/r15
  5. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast
    The stock tyre size of an Active variant is 165/80-R14, Emotion is 175/70-R14 and Emotion Pack is 195/60-R15 (pre-2012 models).
    Now, according to the tyre size calculator, it is not recommended to up-size the Active variant to the tyre size of an Emotion/E Pack variant, or up-size an Emotion variant to Emotion Pack's tyre size. I for one, don't believe that Fiat would calibrate the meters differently for different variants; it just doesn't make sense. What's the funda here?
    PS- varoon9999, that's the reason why I posted that query regarding the tyre size. I was utterly confused by the tyre size calculator's results and thought maybe I had got the wrong tyre size. ;)
  6. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Finally.. over last weekend i got new shoes for my Punto (Current Odod 68900 kms). Previously i was running on shitty goodyear GT3. This time I went ahead with XM2 195/60/R15. I was really confused with Primacy Lc 3st , XM2 and Bridg My-02. Somehow i trusted my past experience with Michelin and decided to put Michelin only. Once i reached there (N M Mehta, Pune), i spoke to the dealer about my requirements. 80% highway drive and odd 20% broken roads. He straight away suggested me to go for XM2. he said If you plan to drive on highway only then 3ST is the best.

But another TFIian is already on his second set of Primacy Lc series. He has taken his car on all sorts of roads and never faced any problem. First set of primacy lasted for approx 41K kms for him.
    So, i was highly confused on what should i opt for. Finally decided to go ahead based on couple of dealers feed back and went ahead with XM2.

Cost:
    MRP of tyre : 6396/-
    Dealers price: 5600/-
    Alignment balancing included, no extra charge for wts and Nitrogen. All the alloys were in great condition none of them asked for any weights. :D

All in all approx 22400/- for 4 Xm2 195/60/R15

Till today i have driven her for just 30 odd kms. So, cant talk much about tyres. But, initial impression carpet like ride. No tyre noise at all. Suddenly small pot holes have vanished. Steering has become quite lighter. :clap
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    2 people like this.
  7. dev

dev

Mysore
    Hi All,

I am in Dilemma.

Model : Punto 2009 Emotion MJD

Stock size : 185/70 R14

Need to replace the tyres. My choices

1.Go with 185 R 70 R 14
    2. Buy Linea Rim of 15'' and get them 195/65 R 15.

The only condition for going to 15'' would increase in GC, but not sure if the Tyres would start scrapping the fenders under full load. In that case it would be disaster, and would prefer to stay with 185/70 R 14. Not interested in 195/60 R 15 as it would not offer much increase in GC compared to 185/70 R 14.

Kindly provide your inputs ...
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Opt for this.
    My punto is with 195/65/R15 Profile,gives better GC.No issues of scrapping.
    1 person likes this.
  9. dev

dev

Mysore
    Hope, yours is not an upgraded GC kit Car. And could you confirm that suspension of 2009 and 2011 car have not changed.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nopes
    Not changed