1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

All About Upgrading Tyre Size

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by moksh, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My ride is on 195 /65/R15.Front Yoko Avs db and rear BS MY 02.Spare tire is 195 / 60 / R15 and used the spare tire only once for 150kms whichever side the low profile tire goes that side will be the pull.
    In this profile, you have Yoko, BS and Michelin as per tfians.Trust me after profile change the speedometer shows the actual speed and its GPS speed. :D .
    Coming to budget check at your locality keeps changing by huge amount.

P.S:- Different brand/make model of tire on the same car is not recommended.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    I have checked with Michelin dealer near my home. I am looking for 195/60 R15, but they told they have 195/65 R15 P 3ST. Can you please list what are the adv/disadvantage of this 195/65.

Thanks in advance if anyone get any information for availability of 195/60 R15 P 3ST, please let me know ( not PLC).
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Adv:-
    GC raise by 9 mm.

Disadv :- There are talks about tires touching into wheel fenders when fully loaded,but me didn't felt.
    No such major difference in drive train.
    Im happy with this profile.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk 4
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ganges, mine touches wheel arch on full turns at parking speeds (ofcourse full turns are at parking speeds only ;))
    don't remember anyone reporting about touching when fully loaded. do you remember?

and yes the speedo error is almost nullified by this profile. gps and speedo show same speed :)

scraping bottom is a thing of past with this profile. i dont even remember when i scraped last!
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Is yours with GC upgrade kit or 2012+
    195/65/R15 causes issue with Linea's with 161mm GC and May be with Punto's with 170mm GC.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    please elaborate on this as to who has faced this issue. was asking the same thing to ganges in my previous post.
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I am in the market for new tires,so i tried a 195/65/R15 on the spare rim.
    Even without anyone inside the car,the gap between fender and tyre was too less.
    So pretty sure it will scrape under load.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I know at least two people who have been using these tyres (Michelin PLC) on 161 GC Linea for a long time without any issues except the one that i mentioned.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Probably they got it when the car was brand new.
    Over the years and thousands of kms,the suspension loses its tautness.
    Hence the issue in older cars.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Akshay it was :D

March-2011 Model.