1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

All About Tyres Size

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by moksh, Mar 29, 2013.

1. @ Phew... u r suggesting 185/70 whereas my original tyre size if 165/80... will it be ok to put tyre of different specification? will it affect the warrenty or performance?
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is an upsize which is recommended for Punto as things get better with the upsize and no issues would arise regarding warranty or performance. It will improve handling and grip to a certain extent(provided u opt for good brands) which is always a good thing

Sent from my go_Ogle nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Are you sure about this? AFAIK, any change in the OE tyre size can lead to warranty on suspension being denied.

Rajan
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, I had earlier run my car on 205/55/15 and now on 205/45/17, no issues with warranty as such.

5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You mean you made a warranty claim on suspension / related components and it was honoured, even after the tyre upsize?

Rajan
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes it was.....my rear shocks leaked and was changed under warranty.

7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Phew, this doesn't mean everybody would get the warranty. Normally they would do, but they are well with-in right to decline.
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Warranty can be claimed as long as the tyre size is within the maximum offered by the manufacturer for that make.

For example, it's 195/60/R15 for the Punto offered on the fully loaded trim.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Possibilities like these are always there so no one can make a sure shot guess and hence the call is of the individual. Nor did I ever say that everybody gets it. One asked me did I get it and hence I said yes, so according to me there are no issues with it.

10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Neither did I say everyone gets it, I got it so I mentioned it. And they are well with-in right to decline alot of things, maybe we could use a thread for that too.