1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

All about Motor Insurance and Consumer rights

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by ramjn, Oct 25, 2012.

1. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Very Sorry to hear about this.

From what I see the bumper is intact but the clips gave up and the headlight assembly is broken. I cannot see if there is any damage internally from the pic posted.
    The guesstimate from my understanding would be around 10k. Kindly share the details of any other damaged parts that I failed to locate here. The insurance company will accept the hit and run scenario here, so nothing to worry. Depending on the age of the car the depreciation percentage is calculated on the parts to be replaced.
    Keep us posted.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  2. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    FASS estimated approx 9K, +/- 1K.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    PradeepM likes this.
  3. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    So, I was close enough. Take a call on the insurance claim based on the no claim bonus percentage you would be loosing. Hoping to see the car back in shape at the earliest.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  4. pranesh kumar

pranesh kumar Amatore

patna
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    HELP NEEDED-

i have insured my car with add on bumper to bumper insurance with future generalli.
    car is only 1 month old.

i have got a minor damage on the wheel arch body cladding of my car. the damage is unrepairable, i will have to change the full back bumper body cladding.

so, i want to know the exact process of claim. how should i start the process so as the insurer doesnt find any way to reject the claim.

remwmber my car is insured with add on bumper to bumper full body insurance, also i have zero dep policy.

please suggest me.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 13, 2017 ---
    the wheel arch is broken at one place, it broke while driving. i scratched my car through a wall and it broke, but its a minor breakage.
    still its looking bad and i want to get it changed since i have zero dip policy
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @pranesh kumar

Can you attach some pics of the damage. It is very difficult to suggest anything without seeing. Have you checked with FASS the cost of repairing the damage. If the repair cost is less than the amount of NCB you can save on renewal, then get it done with any insurance claim. To start with check with FASS the cost of repair, call the Insurance co to arrange for a surveyor, surveyor visits and confirms the claim, workshop starts repair and hands over the car. Fairly simple process. It is good that you have the zero dep add on cover for the car, comes handy in such situations.
  6. pranesh kumar

pranesh kumar Amatore

patna
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @ghostrider

thanks for replying. i am attaching a file

IMG_20170127_115803.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 14, 2017 ---
    that part is peeled off there. i have tried to fix it with fevi quick so that it doesnt look bad.

to repair it i will have to change the whole back bumper cladding.
    look, (this is only reference image) the black cladding at the rear wheel arch is also the part of black cladding on the back bumper where number plate and reverse lights are placed.
    so the only way is to change the whole baCk cladding wrapped over back bumper.
    so, i think it will cost a big ammount.

images.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 14, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 14, 2017 ---
    @ghodlur

IMG_20170214_115605.jpg
    @ghodlur
    IMG_20170214_115605.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @pranesh kumar

That's a nasty cut. And unfortunately on the full length bumper cladding. I would suggest:
    1) Get a quote from FASS
    2) Try visiting a well know local garage who can fix this cut and get an estimate.
    Decide whether you still want to go ahead with Insurance claim. Do let us know the details.
    The ultimate thing would be to replace the cladding but for the time being if you get a quick fix from local garage then you should try it.
    pranesh kumar likes this.
  8. pranesh kumar

pranesh kumar Amatore

patna
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @ghodlur
    thanks dear.
    ok i would try to get it fixed by any good mechanic.

otherwise i will have to replace it