1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Alignment Issues In my linea classic.

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by wasim akram, Dec 15, 2015.

1. wasim akram

wasim akram Timido

JAMMU KASHMIR
    JAMMU
    Linea Classic
    Well from the very first day my linea classic was pulling towards left.When I checked it out from alignment shop, I was told, after inspection that there is error in front wheel alignment which they corrected later on, but said that the rear wheels are also not aligned correctly.Tell me friend has any one else faced the same problem if yes do share it .
  2. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well it seems u didn't done any r n d before buying fiat,
    Every alternate fiat has left pulling issue
    I have done 34k kms and I am yet to resolve it, which is present from day 1 in my case too :banghead:
  3. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    my punto also moves left..i am fed up of this...cant leave the steering for more than 2-3 seconds at high speeds....have done wheel alignment at numerous shops.....
  4. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Many of the forum members seem to be LEFTIST! (Pun intended!).

@wasim akram, I suggest you search the forum for discussion on this issue and you can find some clue. All the best.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Do post here, if you find any solution. Facing same problem, the alignment shops aren't able to fix it.
    I'm aware, it inherent nature of these car(s), but there should be a way to fix it
  6. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Don't forget cambering of Indian roads too.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I also felt a slight left pull initially on my Evo 90 HP, but @5000 kms service, i got it resolved by aligning the steering.

Also, road cambering is a major reason for this. People having a genuine left pull, start getting pain on their right hand, as it needs to be corrected now and then. So, if you arent getting any pain, i dont think there is any problem. This problem is over-hyped. Some months back, Fiat had changed the alignment settings to arrest this problem. I hope you got it updated to the latest values.

Also, as @prabhjot had mentioned before, because of our HPS unit, we get a more realistic feedback of the roads, which also adds to this confusion.
  8. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i have to make an effort to stop the car pulling left on highways....
  9. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Many have reported the issue on this forum. Is it a deal breaker?
    HPS would definitely give a slight left pull due to camber.
  10. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    When I owned a new swift during my first few months of ownership, I also felt the left pulling issue. Then I used to ask service personnel repeatedly about the same and they did alignment and then simply said there is nothing wrong in alignment. So even in EPS this could occur but felt less. After around 5000 kms things became easier and the left pull gradually reduced. Cambering will always be there in Roads.
    Then I bought my Punto this Oct 15. To my amuse, there was no left pull unlike the one I felt in Swift. Great for a car which is more heavier than swift. Monitor right tire pressure, one can drive in a single laned roads in towns to understand pull better.
    asimpleson likes this.