1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Alibaba comes to India in a DOBLO

Discussion in 'Sports and World News' started by kirenh, Feb 26, 2012.

1. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    While travelling towards Hiranandani Estate Thane, I saw this car an LHD FIAT DOBLO moving towards Godbunder. ALIBABA as he calls himself has come from Switzerland and has been travelling for more than 11,000 kms. He has travelled through various countries before reaching India. He said he will be returning back to Switzerland via Iran (By Sea). I am attaching few photos of the Man and his Machine. The car was a sponsored vehicle and he has travelled more than 1.5L kms in the car. He had all the praises for the car and also was appreciating my Punto. I am also attaching a pamphlet about him and his work. Always love to see a FIAT.

Kiran

2012-02-25-012.jpg

2012-02-25-005.jpg

2012-02-25-006.jpg

2012-02-25-007.jpg

2012-02-25-008.jpg

2012-02-25-009.jpg

2012-02-25-010.jpg

2012-02-25-011.jpg
    11 people like this.
  2. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Adding the Pamphlets.

alibaba 01.jpg

alibaba 02.jpg

alibababa 03.jpg
    2 people like this.
  3. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    whoo i missed alibaba and his beauty :eek:
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Wonderful share Kirenh. Liked it.
    Alibaba in his Doblo rocks :dancing.
    With that much of traveling, He should rather call him-self "Sindbad, the sailor!":mrgreen:.
    Doblo is a good MPV. No doubt about this.
    Did you sit inside or test drive it? Any comments on specifications?
    MPVs hardly manage any looks but how do you compare it in flesh to what we see here?
    OT: I just noticed that new Linea's logo position on front grill seems to be inspired from Doblo only:confused
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Thats a great share Kirenh, very unique mission. Doblo is a mean machine and used extensively all over Europe for cargo transport. Its like the tata ace in our country.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Awesome.

Which engine did it have? Considering it is the first gen Doblo, it could even have our Palio's 1.9D . :p

I would've grabbed the keys from him and took the Doblo for a drive. ::D

Cheers.
  7. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    HI!
    It was with a Petrol engine as confirmed by Alibaba(Jean-Marie Grillon). The rear seat and back was packed to the brim with luggage. I did see three of them 2 guys (including Alibaba) & a lady sleeping behind. As the traffic was building up and I had to rush could not talk to him much.

Kiran
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Great, Did you invite them to TFI forum,
    Many People of Mumbai would have seen this DOBLO and would have praised FIAT..