1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Alcatel Onetouch Idol :- 6030D Smart Phone

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Ganges, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So, finally my wait was worth and received my Iron Man3 special edition Alcatel Smart phone.
    Awesome phone for its given price,way ahead in design when compared with Karbonn and Micromax.
    Comes with sleek design,7.9mm thickness,dragon trail glass etc etc... its an complete package at low price(13,970).

IMG_20130703_215645.jpg

IMG_20130704_074626.jpg

P.S:- Alcatel Routers,Network Switches and now Smart Phones.
    5 people like this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Features:-
    1.FM Radio
    2.Small Blue color LED for the notifications.
    3.Gestures(Shake,palm lock,turn over to mute)
    4.Qhd display very crisp and sharp.
    5.Sleek design.7.9mm thickness.
    6.Dual Micro SIM.
    7.Comes with antivirus AVG.
    8.8.0 MP HD camera
    9.Beautiful user interface(Screen lock with charging animation)

Cons:-
    no expandable memory(internal memory of 16GB out of which 3 gb is used by phone,13 gb will be user memory)

till now turned lot of heads :D

For more details :-

ALCATEL ONE TOUCH - India - Products - Smartphones - ONE TOUCH IDOL
  3. Ganges,

Congratulation on your new phone. it looks really good.

But price seems to be little high for what is on offer, similer spec(Duel core) with 5" display from micromax costs less than Rs 10K, Xolo offers a quad core with 1 GB RAM at Rs 9.5 K.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sat,
    Yeah you are right, the more price given is for the sleek design and the weight of the phone(similar to Xperia Z).Coming to technical details 1GHz dual core processor is sufficient to run Temple run 2 and Hill climb racing :D (used to play lot in single core Karbon A18 without any lag)
    As i have used Karbonn A18, and one of my frnd uses Micromax Canvas 116 ,he was also like :eek: .
    i have seen Xolo too before this buy.

Given with 4.7 display the design fits perfect in hand and ease to use.tomorrow i will post the HD pics of the phone itselves.
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    When i saw your signature, i was trying to pm you regarding the review of this phone. but your inbox is full. and here, i see your review for it in a separate thread itself !! :O .
    i was looking at lenovo p770, but, they are entering smart phone segment only now.
    Alcatel , unlike micromax,xolo,karbon,etc, is a renowned french company bringing in phones for decades, heard so many thumbs up from old users of alcatel. can i expect the european build quality here as well ?!!
    can you please post a couple of pics taken at day and night times...
    hows the batery life , 1800mah looks small.
    is it available in single sim version also? saw somewhere, its having additional micro sd card slot!
    Is it 1GB ram or 512? coz most of alcatels gud models i saw is having 512mb ram, which is a deal breaker !!
    Finally , hows the service support ?
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    This seems to fit the pocket and wallet both man. Specifications look nice given the price and brand.

How's the battery backup with internet or 3G on ? Does it pull without a recharge for a whole day ?
    I guess am gonna take a look at it this weekend, been planning to upgrade my HTC which I need to recharge twice a day :p

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Varun
    Though being french company the sales and marketing are being taken care by TCT Mobile china.Yes it is available in single sim as you mentioned it has an expandable memory slot.Dual sim have 1 GB ram;with internal memory of 16gb and user memory of 13.3 GB .Regarding service centres you can download it from the website for the list of cities.

Imran
    Battery back up is little concern when internet 3g on and back ground applications are continuously running .As mine being a dual sim one of the network doesn't get range in the office may be reason battery getting drained.
    The design of the body and build is pretty awesome.the phone is very very light.Definitely value for money and yeah low budget too...
    Alactel one touch ultra is 6.9mm thickness.Its single sim.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
  8. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    do you know the cost of spare batery.... will it last atleast 8 hours with normal usage ?
    will check it out in shop this weekend... post a couple of pics taken with it man :)
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    more than that ,you can check TFI once before going to sleep :D

IMG_20130704_113250.jpg

=======================================================================================================
    IMG_20130710_080244_1.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

Pics continue

IMG_20130710_152515.jpg
    =========================================================================
    IMG_20130712_135503.jpg
    =========================================================================
    IMG_20130714_171632.jpg
    2 people like this.
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Almost settled for this.. only Bigbazaar outlets stock alcatel in my city and found their latest entrant OT 6033 ultra selling for 16k here. : Alcatel Idol Ultra OT6033x Price in India - Buy Alcatel Idol Ultra OT6033x Black Online - Alcatel: Flipkart.com

which one do you think is a better option? OT6030 A, 6030D or 6033 ultra? sim type not an issue !! One issue in 6030 A is 512 mb ram :(.
    Also please suggest any good battery packs .. if anyone knows!!

@imran: also check lenovo P770 if you need a very good battery back up .. impressive package !!
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013