1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Albino Angel - BNW Linea Emotion came home !!!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Vishak Shanmugam Pillai, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Decision making - It was simple, having had a great experience with fiat palio stile before and wanting to graduate to a sedan Linea was the only girl in mind. Was in a little dilemma when it came to choose the colour but then was convinced with she dressed up in white.

My wife didn't want to get locked up only with fiat but to try hands on SX4 even. Electronic Power Steering was impressive to drive in city like Bangalore, and the Maruti's resale value was more convincing factor for her, Ground clearance etc. But at the end of test drive she exclaimed "But it is not a Linea". We just couldnt think of anything else.

Booking Experience - KHT motors was the nearest showroom and the whole experience with sales team was above average - I can say. They got me a good exchange price for my Fiat palio stile.
    Standard discounts - Insurance, road side assistance
    Delivery experience - Checked the VIN and confirmed that the vehicle was 2 months old (date of manufacture). Did the standard PDI checks. Got the documents from delivery department.
    Now the moment had been waiting for - BRINGING HER TO LIFE.
    Cranked her once, twice, thrice .........Ten times. She was adamant and refused to start. I can say that it was definitely not a happy moment. Found that car had no diesel and some one was running to the petrol pump with a can.
    After 20 mins the guy came back and poured 5 litres diesel and infact dirtied her white dress also :(. Anyways my second married life had just started.

Dealer promised that insurance is free and as per the quotation the premium amount was around 21000 Rs. Butwhen I got the insurance document I was schocked to see that the premium was only 15000 Rs. And then found that the car was valued 95% of the exshowroom price. I was told by them that it is absolutely normal. I am not too
    convinced with that.

Life with her

Last week took her to my native place (Nagercoil, Kanyakumari Dist) via Coimbatore.
    Maintained max speed of 80 kmph till she reached 1000 kms and got a mileage of 23.78 kmpl (Tank topup to topup with autocutoff)
    On the return journey maintained max speed of 100 kmph and got a mileage of 20.6 kmpl.

Covered close to 1600 kms in 2 days. Was a divine experience.
    Topup with Autocutoff at 472 kms @krishnagiri 2nd Sep,
    Topup with Autocutoff at 1210 kms @Nagercoil 3rd Sep, litres consumed - 31.7 - 23.3 kmpl (Driven at max 90 kmph)
    Topup with Autocutoff at 1751 kms @Salem 4th Sep, litres consumed - 26.2 - 20.6 kmpl (Driven at max 100 kmph)
    1279 kms @ 58 lits translates to 22.05 kmpl

Almost everything
    Rock like steering, she just talks back to you through the steering
    Low NVH ( I didnt try more than 100 kmph speed/2500 rpm)
    Torque at low rpms is good and city driveability is also nice
    Brakes are awesome
    The Admiration Guaranteed factor
    Speed sensitive volume in the audio system
    Climate control
    Nice Mileage

My Friend Suresh from Coimbatore

Ground Clearance - Was a little careless on some huge humps which seemed like a mountain and slightly hurt her on
    her belly.

Me, Myself and Linea

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Congrats on the white Angel Vishak!! nice pictures...would love to see some more :)
  3. Accesories fitted
    Rear view parking camera
    Convex 7 inch TFT display which can play mp3, avi (divx) movies and many other formats (Rear view mirror mountable)
    It transmits through inbuilt FM transmitter which can be received in the inbuilt FM receiver. Clarity is very good.
    Sony 2 channel amplifier with Pioneer subwoofer . the amp has sensing input which accepts powered output from inbuilt audio system.
    Amp turns on if system is on and off when system is turned off.
    I find the overall audio package good.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    woahhhh what a beauty.... congratulations sirjeee

I liked 2nd photo
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

Congratz on the beauty, Vishak. Did you get a chance to participate Diesel for petrol price contest? What did you win?

1600 km in 2 days - I am sure you would have really enjoyed stretching her legs on highways.

I did some PS on one of your pictures - hope you do not mind.

6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Good to see PSed 2nd photo of linea. Looks fantastic
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mods Note: Moved the thread to Ownership review section.
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    congrats on the BNW Linea. The car indeed makes you emotional.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Linea.
  9. Thanks friends for your wishes.
    Anoop - The PS d photo is awesome, Thank you.

Anand - Thanks for the suggestion. I am thinking of upgrading to 16 inch alloys with similar profile 16 inch tires may be after a year or 2.