1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Airbag failure warning!!

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by rajatoswal, Dec 17, 2011.

1. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bro. What is the total cost of ECU ??
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Airbag control unit (ECU) have to replaced once the airbags deploy.
    Searching on net you can find ways to reuse same control unit by re-flashing but life is more precious than money.
    Anyway there won't be many person in India doing such flashes.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  3. Thanks everyone. I finally replaced the ecu also. As it seems it is required step if air bag pops up. The fiat service guys were really helpful and hopefully I will get the part cost under extended warranty. Waiting for approval.
  4. sun4ray

sun4ray Timido

Nagpur
    Friends, my Punto Evo MJD Emotion is just one month old and has crossed just over one thousand kms. Since 2 days, I have been getting Airbag Failure message on the display with flashing icons of both the airbags. The dealer has seen (? and checked) it once and I was told that it was some 'loose connection'. I was convinced and took the car home. On the way to home, after driving few kms, the same message appeared again. I will be taking my Punto to the service centre again. Is there anybody on this forum who has had similar issue? How it was fixed? Any suggestions from other Fiat owners?
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You have to visit service center, but make sure they diagnose the issue properly, you have reason to push for it, as they didn't do last time.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    sun4ray likes this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Ask them to check battery via examiner. Also, take email id of crm service or asm service of FASS and email them about the issue stating about you visit and the repeat warning sign. It should get solved for sure.
  7. sun4ray

sun4ray Timido

Nagpur
    Friends,
    My Punto has been checked by the FASS. The person there was cooperative and receptive. He told me that he checked the battery and it is okay. He contacted seniors/ experts and checked all the wiring/electric circuit. He did not find any fault. He just placed the wires again and told me to see if the problem persists. I have driven vehicle for about 800 kms after that. No "airbag failure warning" so far. I am happy. Hope, it doesn't recur in future.
  8. OnWheels

OnWheels Timido

Bangalore
    Hello Friends,

Since last week I am getting "Airbag failure see handbook" message on my Fiat Punto. Also the seatbelt alarm goes off even though I was belted. I took the car to the Service center(Vecto motors, Hosur Road). The service center guy also checked and told me that the battery is fine (as most of the time the issue is due to weak battery). Since the day being a busy day he told me to come on a weekday.
    He also mentioned there could be problem with the loose wires, airbag sensor or the seatbelt. They might need to check for connections or have to open the dashboard if the issue is not found. The dashboard opening labor charge will be Rs 5K+ additional charges.

Initially I though the issue could be because of a weak battery as most of the time the car remains idle for 4-5 days in a week. Let me know if the service center guy is right and I should let him do his job or look somewhere else.

Thanks,
    Jayant
  9. sun4ray

sun4ray Timido

Nagpur
    Dear Friend,
    I feel, the problem is with the loose wiring only. If the signal comes and goes, this is the most likely reason. You don't have any other option than allowing the service person to check it thoroughly.
  10. OnWheels

OnWheels Timido

Bangalore
    Thanks for the reply sun4ray. Hope it should be the problem. The warning comes up when I crank the engine and remains, the seatbelt alarm continues for 5 times, but the warning remains. I am not very comfortable with the idea that the dashboard has to be opened. Will update on the outcome.