1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Airbag failure warning!!

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by rajatoswal, Dec 17, 2011.

1. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope all the occupants are fine. Try replacing the battery and your problem would be gone I suppose. Give it a try.
  2. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Sorry to hear about the accident.

I would suggest to visit different FASS and get it rectified. Check on examiner what is exact root cause for the same.

As suggested by Mahesh.bandel, problem should go away with battery replace. This sign also start flashing on display when battery is not good.

3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Seems Carz guys might not have fitted the Airbag properly. If battery is old and weak, this could be one reason, but as suggested above, get it checked with other FASC.
    BTW, which service center suggested to replace ECU?
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    To add to above suggestions further check your current battery. Ask for a fully charged good replacement battery on rent (if you are a known customer dealers in Mumbai give it for free for 3-4 days anticipating purchase of new battery, else they charge nominal rent for battery). Take the car with this good battery to the FASS immediately. Ask them to hook the Examiner and clear all current error messages (logs). This should solve the problem.

Of course you will then need to buy a new battery from the dealer who helped you with this.

If in rare instances this does not solve problem; do give feedback either ways.

Best of Luck..!
  5. Thanks everyone for your help.

I don't think battery would be an issue here as I see everything else working.

I doubt that the carZ guys did not fit the airbag properly.

Since ECU controls engine, I think it is not damaged here. I will go to FASS and ask them a clear explanation of problem.

Do you guys know any good passionate pinto mechanics in Bangalore hyderbad for an RCA
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    You missed the point, it is more often than not a battery issue, a battery that is on verge of failing in future. So everything works and looks fine, but this message pops up. Do you see the Airbag Failure message. If so please do try the battery suggestion first. Then go for checking other things if battery replacement does not work.

EDIT : Here check this post and thread..

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/technical...ndbook-message-my-battery-dead.html#post80668
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  7. Thanks asimpleson, it is logical. I will do it.

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Carz service was so bad that I have all rights to suspect them :)
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sarath,

Check if there is any issue with combination switch,which has air bag connections inside it.

combination.jpg
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yeah asimpleson you are absolutely right :) .its good to consider combi switch diagnosis as step 2.
    1 person likes this.