1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Airbag failure warning!!

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by rajatoswal, Dec 17, 2011.

1. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

Buddy please do replace the battery with company spec DIN 50 battery
  2. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Joining the party. Yesterday morning this message cropped up. My vehicle is 2 yrs old - 41k done. Dont know what to do!
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I guess this is media player related issue indirectly concerned to battery. I used to have this problem occasionally,But never appeared after I removed additional speaker connected to stock ICE.
    I sound weird I guess.
  4. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  5. Ganges,

You are right, you are now true esperto !!!
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nopes Sir,
    i have faced that issue with my broken combi switch and Air bag Failure message.
    2 people like this.
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

It can be either the combination switch or a weak Battery.
    Its the Battery in majority of the cases.
    And Jayadev,yes you do sound weird on this topic.:)
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    It should be battery I guess,more probably.

I haven't changed my battery yet i.e 2.5+ year now, and voltage shows 11.2 volts on terminals.

Since I have removed the additional speakers this message didnt show up yet,I dont know why. or those additional speakers were too much draining the battery.
  9. Prasanna Godugu

Prasanna Godugu Novizio

It happened for my car as well a year ago, it was the battery(3 years old) in my case , once replaced it disappeared.
  10. Hi fellow fiat lovers,

My family owns a fiat from 1999 onwards and love the same
    Started with
    Fiat Uno Jubliee Diesel
    After an major collision upgraded to Fiat Palio Diesel (still owns it)
    Now we have a new fiat pinto diesel emotion

My friend had a collision and both airbags came out.:(

I have the car to an Carz branch. They changed the airbags + seatbelt (as it comes as a single unit)

But after delivery of vehicle, I am getting an airbag failure on the dash display.

I went to fiat original showroom and they have told me that the ECU needs to be replaced.

I am little doubtful of ECU damage and I believe it is a software configuration visage.

I don't have any other problems other than this error message I am getting regarding air bag.

Since it cost me around 11k, and since surveyor has completed his formalities, I am skeptical about this expensive payout.

Can any of the fellow fiat owners suggest me a good place in Hyderabad to get a second opinion about the same

Thanks everyone for your help:):)

I need a proper mechanic who can help me on same