1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Airbag failure warning!!

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by rajatoswal, Dec 17, 2011.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Sure thing. You are most welcome to drop by my place as well . I have a multimeter.
    Sat-chit-anand also stays just about 2 roads from my place. We can have a mini Fiat meet at our locality as well (over the weekend only though)!!
  2. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    If you have a FIAT or EXIDE battery you can visit an EXIDE battery service outlet and they will run the load test on your battery for free (in Mumbai at least).
  3. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Thanks for the invite, But with the failure message appears thrice from yesterday evening.. Is it ok for me to wait until weekend..??

i was thinking of taking it to vecto this thursday..

- - - Merged Post - - -

It is a FIAT battery, will see if i can get it checked near my place. lets see if they do it for free here in Bangalore :p
  4. OEM is excide.
  5. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Hi all,

i just wanted to share this extra information about the airbag failure message in the MID, This is happening only when i take a tight right turn (meaning when the steering wheel does more than a full circle during a right turn). Otherwise the message and that airbag symbol does not show..
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3

there might be some problem with the combi switch.The combi switch contains airbag module connections,visit ASS and ask them to check with this.

For reference Combi switch

combi_switch.jpg
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. girilive4u

girilive4u Timido

Hyderabad
    Hi All,

I have a problem with my GP. Airbag Sensor problem, When I start my GP the sensor is turning red saying "Airbag failure" it is for Driver seat. I have taken GP to Fiat Workshop at hyderabad. They have run the diagnose and removed the alert from its memory. The problem was resolved. But today when I started to my office the problem came back. I again revisited the workshop and explained the problem to the FIAT person. He said that is a battery problem and suggested to replace the battery.

I just want to confirm whether is anything between the Airbag sensor and battery.

Please suggest me

Regards
    Giridhar
  8. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Hi I had the same problem with my car as well infact i still have it .. i went to the servie station last saturday and after the service advisor looked at the issue i am getting the steering column sensor part replaced under warranty.. since the part was not available it has been ordered and will be replaced once the part arrives at the service station.
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
  10. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    Hai me too was getting airbag failure message,finally today i bought new amaron battery with company specification.