1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Airbag failure warning!!

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by rajatoswal, Dec 17, 2011.

1. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    During this winter i too got these messages, But once after restarting the car the error message vanished . I too feel its because of weak battery and nothing else otherwise i would have got same message time and again even after restarting the car.
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Its obvious that at first engine start in the morning u get this message means there isn't sufficient supply of power to the electricals.. As everyone's suggested its the battery to look for get it replaced and error will not appear again..
  3. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Kolkata
    Hi Guys,

How many of you have faced the clutched issue and replaced in Punto MJD? My Punto's clutch is stiffer day by day and it is sometimes difficult to change the gears as it is getting harder. Specially the reverse gear. sometimes i heard a sound "Craaaaaacccchhhhh" while put the reverse gear! My Punto done 38K and its 3yrs old one. Is it Normal or the clutch plate needs to be changed? Please advice guys...
  4. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Don't think the plate..have it checked at a Tass. I had issues with csc that's all but mind u if any of the cylinders leak u might face such An issue what u described..

My car got stalled post csc replacement.. there was a leak from master cylinder pipe and hence faced this gear hardness issue... post the leak was fixed issue was resolved..

Kindly check with the tass asap for your clutch issue to avoid any further damage

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2
  5. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Hi all,

I have a 90 hp punto one and half month old and run 2200kms..

Yesterday on my way home form work a beep along with a message - "Air Bag Failure see handbook" popped up in the MID. and went off on its own in a minute, The same showed up in the morning twice in a span of 20 mins..

HELP!!

Below is the link of my Ownership Thread.

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-3-mjd-90-hp/9482-my-fiat-bnw-90-hp.html
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    we are already having thread with airbag failure message :D .
  7. I think you need to try charging your battery once if things don't improve, ask for replacement.
  8. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Hi Sat-chit-ananda,

But my car is not even 2 months old. :(
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Do this .
    If you have a multimeter , just connect it to the terminals of the battery and crank the engine.
    Observe how much volt reading you get at the time of cranking. If its too low then you might have problems with battery only. ( You can do this at home itslef.)

Secondly, if battery checks out fine then please take it to FASC ASAP as there really could be something wrong with ABS. I've seen numerous cases of rat bites and that actually ripping out the ABS connections althogether.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Thanks for the suggestion theblack...

As i dont have a multimeter i will go visit FASC as soon as i can.