1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Airbag failure warning!!

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by rajatoswal, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Hi Rajarshi,
    No need to replace airbag ecu, I too have this problem but its because of battery only. You just check your battery is good or not. I am still living with this error as I don't feel to change battery now as long as my car start in 1st crank.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2013
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    But does it behaves exactly as usual when met with an accident or some thing? I mean will the air bag still gets ejected when accident though the ECU has an issue. :?
    1 person likes this.
  3. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rajarshi,

How old ids your car? If it's more than 2 yrs it's the battery which needs to be replaced
    Replace the battery that would fix the errors u getting... I faced the same issue few months back and replacing battery fixed it...

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Someone with this error, please crash your car and answer this question :A :A

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rajarshi, most probably this would be because of weak battery, check and get it replaced if its weak.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Oh dear Mr. Smart Wise man, some car company or safety experts might have tested it some where or some accident would have happened and got reported and some one might know about it. Not always one need to know by doing it practically atleast the common man!! :devil:boxer
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ whatever. I am fed up.

Rajan
  8. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    May be the battery is weak enough, such that the Air Bag Might not get ejected/inflated. When engine runs for sometime it gets charged enough for proper airbag functionality and the error message also goes away. So I think the air bag might not get opened up when there is error.

Thoughts?
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @rajashri

Time for a new battery!! I used to get this error.I replaced the battery and the error vanished.Even if u drive with the current weak battery it wont affect your drive or any sensors or your overall average.When totally your battery would become weak you car would give startup problems.I suggest dont wait till then and replace it right away.It's better not to get stranded anywhere in the middle of the road!
  10. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Kolkata
    Thank God its not related to Airbag ECU. Thanks a Lot Guys.