1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Airbag failure warning!!

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by rajatoswal, Dec 17, 2011.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    So how was it solved?

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    teky,
    6 months before i had changed my combi switch with after market for details refer below thread
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/minor-iss...nde-punto-wiper-stalk-broken-3.html#post78826

the problem was with the blue colored part on the combi switch,it got damaged. hence only the blue colored part has been changed with my old combi switch part(jugaad).failure for this also need to change the whole set which might cost 9500 INR and this is not covered under warranty:eek:. Also confirmed from service engineer that the FIAT comes with the whole set if any of the small part is damaged whereas VISTA you can get individual spare part at low cost rather replacing the whole junk.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

guys i need ur advice.. i have gone though the threads on this topic..and i see its mostly because of the weak battery..

It all started last thursday or friday.. when i got the waring lights.. switched off the engine and started again..and the waring lights were gone...today returning from my home town with the ac on.. the airbag failure Waring popped up again.. i was doing 80-100.. the warining would stay on for min then disappears,.. i noticed it comes on when i accelerate.. like overtaking.. then it goes off...
    at present there is no lights on...

my car was manufactured in may, but i took delivery in October 2011.. its not even one year, does the battery die so early..
    if the battery is the culprit will i get a free replacement!??
    after talking delivery only thing i replaced was the stock head light bulb with Philips 100x90 bulbs with Hella relay kit... is my warranty void on installing the kit.. should i remove it before showing it to the authorised dealers / TASS for inspection!?!?

Thanks....
  4. Prateek

Prateek

Delhi
    Looking at all the responses above, it makes me wonder what is the 'ideal' life for a battery?

Now a days even I am starting my day with 'airbag failure' greeting, but after ignition it seems to disappear and life goes on normal. My ignition is takes longer than before + 'airbag failure' flash = Time for replacing the battery. I have done 87,000 plus in my Linea and it would turn three soon.
  5. sibuve

sibuve

trivandrum
    'airbag failure' - i got this error due to using a mobile charge for car. While unplugged no problem
  6. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    In my case it was battery that gave up, so get a spare battery and then see if it resolves the issue with air bag.
  7. mannyxavier

mannyxavier Timido

Hyderabad
    EBD Failure

Hi All,

Never faced issues with my 2yr old Punto until a month ago. The amber light(lock symbol) began to glow. Also noticed EBD failure flash on the display and Low fuel occasionally(when there was sufficient fuel). The SA at Tejaswi Motors Hyd suggested I replace the battery which I said I would if the problem persisted.

Given my car for the 4th service at the same place. Will keep you'll updated on the solution provided.

Rgds
    Emmanuel
  8. gautham

gautham Novizio

Coimbatore
    Emmanuel - please let us know the solution provided. I've been getting the car with lock symbol for over a month now. The Lin EP has completed 20000+ km in 2 yrs. Airbag failure comes only when you start and goes off.

9. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Your car has a weak battery..

I did face the same issue.. but mine was due to a faulty combi switch..as it popes up even when i was driving..
  10. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Kolkata
    Hi Guys,

Some times i am getting the message "Airbag Faliure see note book" in my Punto MJD. This message is not coming all the time but when i start the car everyday for the 1st time or keep the engine off for 3/4 hrs this message shows. I show this to the dealer and after checking the ECU with their FIAT expert they informed me that the airbag ecu needs to be replaced!! However when i asked more questions on this and i got very unsatisfactory reply from them. Finally they told me not to bother about this when the car is not giving me any trouble.

Guys please tell me is this a serious issue? Can it be replaced under extended warranty? Any idea?

Thanks for your help.