1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Airbag failure warning!!

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by rajatoswal, Dec 17, 2011.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    anish_707 you are correct in saying that it is caused by weak battery but sometimes the weak battery is caused by the faulty relay due to excessive current drain.
    Before changing battery its best to check with service battery for 1-2 days
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  2. Ravenlord

Ravenlord Novizio

Gurgaon
    Same issue!

I've been facing this same problem for the last month and the airbag failure message pops up every morning (I imagine when the battery is cold). I tried taking off the battery and reconnecting it after some time like it was suggested in the Known Issues thread. The problem stopped for a bit but started again. Just now, when its about 8 degrees outside, the car & lock light lighted up and my steering locked up while driving!! I wasn't driving fast, so managed to stop and restart the car. It is working fine now but it looks like its time to change the battery ASAP. I am starting to get disappointed with FIAT now for using parts that don't last long! I had to change my brake pads at 17500kms and now the battery in just two years! Is there something else I should check before I change the battery? I don't trust ABS Motors in Gurgaon with solving my issues (they've never fixed anything on the first try).
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    I've been facing this same problem for the last 2 month and the airbag failure message pops up every morning or when i start the car... its now with TASS for 15k kms service..will post the otcome...looks like battery to me...
  4. Ravenlord

Ravenlord Novizio

Gurgaon
    I finally replaced my battery with a new Exide. Before going for Exide, I did some online research to get reviews of Amaron and it didn't look good. Anyway, I tried to call them for prices and couldn't get through any of the numbers on their site. Following that, I reached out to Exide and those guys were very prompt in serving me. The distributor in Gurgaon didn't have the DIN44 with 5 years warranty, so he called up his other dealers and found one for me in an hour's time. It cost me 4800INR and the mechanic changed it at my office. I no longer have the flashing-warning issue, so I guess the battery issue is sorted out.

The distributor also told me that FIAT (as well as others) only pays Exide about 1200-1400INR for each battery, so the quality of the batteries is pretty bad. They are expected to last only two years. The new one is supposed to last much longer. It has 2.5 years of full guarantee (they will replace with new battery free of cost) and after that, it is pro-rated.

Cubbie, do let me know what you did.

Happy New Year, everyone!
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Air bag failure warning

friends,
    My bro is in andhra with my punto and leavng frm guntur to hyd to sangli total distance of 850 kms,and sudenly after 100 kms got air bag failure warning.is ths serious please help.bro is in travel.any care need to be taken.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Even i am facing similar issue at times.
    When i play music in car for like 30-60 minutes without starting,and then i start it-Airbag failure error comes up.
    So it has probably to do something with the battery.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Ganges does the airbag warning light stay on even after starting the car if yes it's not a weak battery and it would be best to consult a ASS on the issue.
    With the warning light on, Airbags won't function but car can be driven like any other lower variant which don't have airbags
  8. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I had similar issues and I was getting ABS failure warnings while driving. After checking if was found out that the Battery terminals were loose :eek:
  9. Rajatoswal ji, i used to experience this same problem but got my battery replaced and now the car runs fine.I had to even once jump start it using a palio battery.This is not a problem with a blown fuse,nor airbargs, so better contact your dealer to get it replaced.
    Dieselhead
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    finaly problem solved.no issues with battery.