1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Airbag failure error while starting the engine

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by antony1405, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Linea 1.3
    I faced similar problem a month ago. The message used to appear when I start the car first time in the morning. This happened for few days just after a 8-10 days idle period (unused). Later, after I used the car for 3-4 days daily, this problem didn't recur. However, I got the battery checked and found one of the cells weak. As I was to take a long tour south (3500 km) and battery was 3.5 years old (stock), my friend in battery business advised to change it and I did so. I bought EXIDE battery with 12 V, 50Ah, 250 A rating for my mjd. Diesel vehicle needs more current, I understand.

If your case, if battery is not even 2 years old, regular drive should sort the issue IMO, but get it checked first.

2. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    Linea T-Jet
    I replaced the original Exide one with Amaron 55ah... works perfectly fine. YOU might need to tweak the battery holder by popping out the plastic support. Rest ...battery fits fine...works fine... it has bee working for for almost 2 yrs for me.