1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Airbag failure error while starting the engine

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by antony1405, Sep 23, 2015.

1. antony1405

antony1405 Novizio

Chennai
    Dear Friends, need your help.. I own Linea Emotion T-Jet and While starting the engine I see an error message "Airbag Failure, see hand book" pops up in the screen and it disappears within few seconds. As per owners handbook, if the message disappears then there is no issue. But for me I would never wanted to see any error message. I checked with FASS and they said it could be a battery issue. Can you provide your thoughts.. My t-jet is just 1 year and 9 months old... Is it really a battery issue?

uploadfromtaptalk1443027742926.JPG

uploadfromtaptalk1443027760036.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1443027782492.jpg
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Yes it is indeed a battery issue. Check the voltage and gravity of your battery. Also check the make.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Yups battery issue, if you have not been running the car for a while take it for a spin and its should be ok.
    Else as mchanna suggested check the voltage and gravity of your battery.
  4. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    battery getting weak....dont worry.....get the battery checked....
  5. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    The car battery is about ot die... it will in 15 20 days.... but it will give you another alert before it finally gives in ... keep the battery replacement guys on standby for that time.... but if you are planning to go out of city... better get the battery replaced ASAP.
  6. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Last time this happened to me I ordered new Amaron DIN55 battery from Batterybhai and voila all errors gone and car started to crank within fraction of second.

Few indications of dying battery could be longer ignition time and unusual warnings (airbag, ABS, OBD etc). As wise men have already pointed out get the battery checked because stock batteries (any brand) can be anything but reliable.
  7. antony1405

antony1405 Novizio

Chennai
    Hi everyone.. Thanks for your reply.. I have been getting this error since last few months.. But the thing is I'm not getting this error always.. Also I haven't had any starting problem until now.. What is the life of stock battery?
  8. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Mine lasted for 2 years with few tell tale signs before it went unbearable and was replaced. I drive an MJD so effects were much more pronounced on ignition.
  9. antony1405

antony1405 Novizio

Chennai
    Thanks for your reply friends.. If I had to replace the battery, do I need to use only Exide or I can use any battery? I own a T-Jet and if you can suggest a compatible battery details it would be great..
  10. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    The battery make won't matter but use the same specs for the battery!
    Get the one which has best market warranty and service!