1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Air leak sound while pushing the brake pedal

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by pdydeva, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Hello Friends, I am hearing an air leak kind of sound while pushing the brake pedal. The sound is audible somewhere near the brake pedal.

Symptom is, I start the engine, leave the car idle and push the brake pedal. A clearly audible air leak sound. I double confirmed it's not the return spring noise or any sound caused by the mechanical movement. It's clearly some kind of air leak sound. I cross searched the forum and found it to be normal in many other FIATs. But, I don't remember hearing any such noise while pushing the brake pedal before.

Embedding the video clip capturing the brake pedal noise. The noise what you hear when I push the pedal is the air leak sound.

Is it something due to air bubbles in the brake line or something major I should be concerned about? The braking action seems to be fine, still I need to take the car out and test for any abnormalities.

- Deva
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

It is normal. :)

My car also has it.
  3. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Thanks buddy. But, I don't remember hearing it before or it might be that I got my hearing senses sharpened recently :D

Having said that it's normal for many, can someone throw light on the reason behind that sound?
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

1 person likes this.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I think the sound has been amplified by the recorder??

Never heard this loud a sound ever.
  6. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Will confirm this tomorrow when I go out for a drive.
  7. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    You are correct. The sound got amplified. I didn't notice any difference while driving unless you listen keenly when the car is stationary.

MODS: Kind request to close the thread as there is no issue as such to discuss any further.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Even i have this kind of sound coming from brake pedal but braking is not a issue at all..
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Thread Locked, upon OP's request.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.