1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Air Intake Hose disconnected

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by vista7155, Jan 6, 2015.

1. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

Today while filling the water for washer dispenser,discovered that air intake hose was disconnected from the engine side.
    2 weeks back i went for running repair and got the front grill replaced.
    During this they might have forgotten to fix it back :banghead:.
    From 2 weeks i am driving in the above condition is it going to harm the engine, please clarify as i am really tensed now.
    Please refer the pic below where the air intake hose is connected to the engine side.
  2. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    This is the still the intake pipe. i.e. before the Air Filter. So the Air Filter would be there to do its job. and would not be any damage as such. But having said that, it is a very loose fit and can come off easily.

I have added some black insulation tape on the neck of the tubing where it attaches to the air filter assembly. It is a bit more snug fit now.
  3. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

Thank you @Sujit508
    Relaxed now.
    I will make the changes as you said.
  4. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    This is a common mistake Fiat mechanics do. I have put the pipe back more than once and wondered how would I know if the mechanics mess up something not visible to us. I am sure they do such mess ups and in due course of time we end up paying for their mistakes. That is why whenever I saw such mess up I have given them very low rating during feedback call.
    asimpleson and vista7155 like this.
  5. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

Today I saw they have removed battery cover and kept aside and I got it noticed when I meet with the accident today unfortunately.
    The front bumper and lower grill got damaged the accident caused due to dog suddenly came in between and I was doing good speed in the highway, i was not able to control the car. :banghead:
  6. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

@vista7155 Sorry to hear about the accident. Dogs and Pigs are common cause of accidents. When they get stranded in middle of road then they get confused and eventually become cause of accident. I have faced that and much worse as i was riding on bike :-(