1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Air filter cover

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by drgopusankar, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

option 1. get a PVC i.e plastic, rawalplug - this is what you put in tiles in bathroom after drilling holes and putting geyser etc.

option 2. get a minor big size thread tapping tool and create new threads. then take a bigger size bolt and tighten it.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

If the threads have indeed been damaged by the service centre guys, then let em take the blame and ask for a replacement. Although you will have to be very creative in giving a reason as to how you came to know that the threads are gone. :)

They will wash their hands off it if they know that you've been opening it up.

Secondly, tapping the threads is the best option as stated by Italia since only that will be the foolproof solution.

And a sincere advise to all - Always tighten the screws in stages and gradually. Do NOT tighten one screw completely and then move on to the next. This will ensure a lot of harm in the long run.
  3. thank you gurjinder.. I went to concorde cochin today and informed about the coolant and air filter cover problem. they told me to top up with pure clean water. I asked for paraflu up , so that I can store it. But they told me that they have no provision to sell it. my punto was not with me then. I was on my way back home after my clinic duty with my father in his Dzire. Regarding the air filter cover SA told me that it may have to be replaced. Anyway I am going to Concorde again with my punto tomorrow to top up the coolant.

I Will ensure that they will top it up with para flu up(40%) and water(60%). I feel that these people are not fit to manage FIAT cars.. No body even know the colour of the coolant used in punto .
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

make sure they use distilled water and not normal tap water
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011