1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Air Filter Cap needs a Replacement under Warranty

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by vvk007, Nov 4, 2012.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Ideally this should not be for select vehicles, the design as such is changed and hence the new part is installed in vehicles which still have the old design. No batch stuff or anything.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
  2. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    I had this changed today. the new design seems to be more sturdy.
    Though the SA said its under warranty he charged me 124/- for the new part.
  3. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    Hai mine is 2010 september Linea 1.3MJD EMT PK,is it neccesary to replace.
  4. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    Check your previous service bills. If not changed yet, change it while you are for the next service.
  5. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Charged for under warranty?? and you paid for it??
  6. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    /\/\ Yes, i paid it. i was already tired of the long working day and was in no mood to argue with them.
  7. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    Guys, I purchased my Linea 1.3 MJD on 5th of July 2013 and I am having a similar issue. Initially I thought that it was a temporary issue or it is bound to happen as many have stated as Linea to be underpowered for it built quality. However, sometimes I have experienced very nice response from the engine and doesn't feel like I am driving a Diesel engine. There is indeed sudden loss of power while I try to rev. It feels like I am driving at 10kmph on 5th gear. However, please note that it has just completed approximately 550 kms so far and is due for 1st service very soon. It looks like a known issue from what I read, so, should I ask them to check something specific or just describe the issue and let them rectify it. I also have a check engine sign on my console from day one. The FASS engineers told me its nothing to worry about, it will be fixed. They were waiting for a scanner,which was indeed an advanced scanner from Chrysler and they said its compatible with FIAT as well. They however have different connecting cables that's it. They scanned the ECU and rectified the problem. The check engine light went off. However when I was driving from Pune to Mumbai, the light started flashing again. I have called them to notify, will have to get it rectified during my next visit to Pune. Has anyone else experienced this issue with check engine light on? Does this light indicate that there indeed is a problem?
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    There are some fantastic engineering plastics that are used in the engine parts these days . Hence they should survive the environment.

Abdul