1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Air Filter Cap needs a Replacement under Warranty

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by vvk007, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guess what I facing this issue..the cap it's almost bent... if this is the case I better replace it from TCRS

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Mods, can this be added to the official upgrades thread? Should be useful to members. :)

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Is it only for MJD or FIRE too?? I have horrendous AIR choking/leaking problems.Cleaned the air filter n'th number of times but of no use.So does that mean I too can go for the same kinda replacement but for FIRE engines?? Please confirm :)
  4. parry

parry

Bangalore
    My Punto (May 2012 manufacturered) was serviced at Prerana Motors last week but don't think air filter cap was changed.

Is the Fiat circular applicable for 2012 model cars as well?
  5. vvk007

vvk007 Amatore

Shimoga
    Check it with your Service Advisor once.

The Service Advisors won't even tell that they are replacing it. As I was there in the Customer Lounge, I saw them opening something from a sealed cover near my car. I quickly rushed to see it. Then, I got to know about the circular from Fiat for Air Filter Cap replacement.
    So, I suppose they have not informed you about the issue. Anyways, check the pictures in the opening post, you will get to know whether it is replaced or not?
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I'll b there at worli tcrs soon to check this

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Mine is 90 HP of july 2011.
    I have not received any recall about this replecement
  8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Just called TCRS & confirmed this. This looks like an official roll out for select vehicles.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @shadowfax

Batch please??
  10. HMV

HMV Timido

Thrissur
    Mine fiat Linea July 2011 model air filter cap was replaced in my second service under warranty.
    SA told me there is some problem with air leaking/ water ingress problem with the old design