1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Air Filter Cap needs a Replacement under Warranty

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by vvk007, Nov 4, 2012.

1. vvk007

vvk007 Amatore

Shimoga
    I took my Linea for a general Second Free Service.
    The SA told me that they have received a circular from FIAT stating that they have to replace the Air Filter cap of all the Fiat vehicles which comes for servicing.
    He told me that, it is to reduce noise. (Really?? :evilsmile ) But I am not sure about his assumption.
    Anybody interested can go to TASS and ask for a replacement

Herewith I am attaching the before and after images of Air filter cap.

old_filter_cap.jpg

new_filter_cap.jpg
    3 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Strange. Did they replace it for free?
  3. vvk007

vvk007 Amatore

Shimoga

Yes. He, himself told about the circular from Fiat and replaced it for FREE stating ' Under warranty' in the invoice :)
  4. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    no one else in any other city have reported this so far. Lets see.
  5. vvk007

vvk007 Amatore

Shimoga
    Nobody got the replacement till now? Is it only me who has got it ?
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I saw this being replaced on pre 2011 cars about 3 months ago when i was at the workshop. The mechanic told me that air was found to be leaking in some cars from the filter cap, so FIAT is installing ones with a slighty newer design. From what i saw, the holding clips were a bit longer in the newer one.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    The problem with old design was that if someone overtightened the screws the plastic used to bend and allowed air to leak. My filter was little bent at this place and I straightned it after applying mild heat and bringing it back to shape.
    See they have re-inforced the area that used to get bent near screws with plastic lines providing additional strength to cover.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
    asimpleson likes this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Did any one replace the air filter cap under warranty?

But that area will be heavily heated due to engine while running. How do you make sure that it will not change the shape?
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

This part was replaced in my 90HP before delivery. :) Was wondering why, then, now I know, thanks to TFI. :)
  10. I recently serviced my Punto90hp 2 weeks back so did my friend serviced his Palio MJD SDX at the same time at the same serive center (Prerana Motors, Bangalore), for both of our cars, air filter cap was replaced under warranty.