1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Air conditioning fails regularly in my punto 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sanfiat, Apr 10, 2012.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    get the AC gas checked, my car wasn't cooling properly this season got it checked and it took in 250gms of Freon.
    In total ac system have 440 gms of Freon and 50gm oil for lubrication
  2. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Karnataka
    I think Fiat cars have one of most powerful a/c system. few things to remember - if you park outside in sun then slightly roll down your window, because our car works like a greenhouse with those sunfilms - it traps heat and doesnt let it go out so easily. this will help reduce heat due to air circulation. When you run a/c if the cabin is hot, switch air circulation mode to external and after sometime you can close the external air circulation vent and switch to internal when the cabin is cool. This should work. even my t-jet cabin gets really hot and a/c doesnt seems to work and then I use this method.
    The car also comes with automatic climate control so if you want to cool it it automatically sets air circulation mode and fan speed and when it cools down it adjust to normal.
  3. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi All,
    I have a Punto Avtive 1.3 MJD.

AC has been a bit of problem ever since i got it last year in 2011.
    I took it to TASS 7 months back. They said Gas need to be refilled due to damage to some seal. Worked fine but i could feel the drop in intensity a bit.
    Last week AC failed to cool cabin. Got it checked again. They fille din gas and sais all is fine.
    Very next day teh AC failed again. Took it back. They returned telling that AC ids done fine. Very next day i feel AC is not abl eto maintain cabin cooling. Infact the vents dont seem to blow any chill air.
    They keep refilling the gas anmd returning without finding the root cause.
    Please suggest what should be done. Any devices to measure the optimity of AC functioning?

I would be thankful for ur suggestions.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    It's unfortunate that the AC issue has stretched on for so long.

There was an issue with a certain batch of 2011 cars with the culprit being a faulty o-ring in the AC system.

Ask TASS whether they have replaced it or not. Which TASS are you taking it to?

You're a fair bit away from Delhi, but there is a HIM Motors at Patparganj. Mr OP Sharma is the go-to guy there for troubleshooting FIATs. If possible, show your Punto to him.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  5. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Gurjinder,
    Appreciate your reply .

Will check out the O-Ring replacement with teh TASS guys.

Many thanks for giving a contact name to follow up. Wouldn't mind the effort on distance if it gets the issue sorted out.

Hope they don't mind sorting out vehicles not bought from them.

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Forgot to mention, I am taking it to tayal motors on Delhi-Mathura road, Faridabad.
  6. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Air condituoning trouble in punto

Hello members.

My car a.c was troubling for almost the first month of purchase. I felt may b i was expecting a lor from the a.c. Then over the course of 2 years, they filled in the a.c gas almost thrice. I put my foot down last mibth and asked TASS to do a thorough check. They replaced the cooling coil and did other filter changing and all. Didnt make tge car chill really but looked o.k.

Now the trouble (two weeks after cooling coil change) :

I was on a highway drive and after 3 hours the a.c stopped blowing cool air. Could feel the warmth in the air being pushed out of the vents. Halted in for an hour. On restarting a.c seemed to work ok. After 3 hours the a.c again stopped. Not sure if compressor got off, but ni cool air. Same happened during return journey. A.c fine wen i began the journey but after 2-3 hours it hirs warm air. Shut off the a.c and restated after 15 mins.seemed working fine again.

Not sure wat to do?. ..could it b the thermostat or something. Please advise. This a.c problem is eating away my peace.....delhi summers scare me big time.

Please help folks.....

Thanks
  7. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    is fan working proprly?
  8. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Drive down to Kashyap Fiat and get it checked. Contact Mr. OP Sharma. Bad luck is around for all of us as main electricial Bhangwan singh is suffering from serious illness. But still thats the only place for you.
  9. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello Gaurav...yes the fan is working just fine. Before the a.c trips, cooling is pretty decent.Some birth defects just wont die for machines . They keep haunting us.

- - - Merged Post - - -

hi nitin, thanks for the reply....ya im planning taking it to kashyap at okhla. Mr sharma i think is at noida. But i hope they do an equally good job at their okhla w.shop or do u suggest otherwise.....
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    must be ice forming on coils forcing the AC to shut down.
    Either gas is low or thermostat is not working
    1 person likes this.