1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Air conditioning fails regularly in my punto 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sanfiat, Apr 10, 2012.

1. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Airconditioning is weak.

I have a Punto 1.3 MJD for almost a year now. Good Drivability and handling. Mileage is a bit on the down side in city driving 13-14 km/ltr.

But i feel the Aircon is not really upto the mark. It takes lot of time to cool the cabin. Rear passengers complain of not getting enough cooling mostly. Is this a common problem or i need to get something done. I have already got the AC checked out at service station. They say it's just fine. Im not convinced. Any suggestions.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Are we trying to forget that we are in summer season and the temp are at its high point ! ? :(
    This might be the reason for your low chill feel...
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If the car was lying in a garage and if AC is on while taking out in hot sun the car can some how make the cabin cool. The same car, if kept in hot sun then go with ac on, you will feel that ac is not cooling properly. The reason is that your cars body is radiating heat to the cabin and AC need to wait for a long time to cool the cabin. It happen with all cars.
    To confirm please compare two vehicles kept in same conditions. How is the AC in morning?
    2 people like this.
  4. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    hi,
    the a/c is ok. usually is most of the times and its efficient enough to take the heat out of the cabin.
    its just that it has to work that much extra to take the humidity out. the more the amount of humidity, the less efficient the a/c will feel.
    let it run for a couple of minutes with the windows rolled down and then roll them up.
    put it on recirculation for a while to get the in cabin temperature to stabilise faster.
    my tubbits
    drive safe, always wear a seatbelt.
  5. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I will check out ur suggetsion and see how it works in the morning. ....Thanks.
  6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    I'll ask u a very simple question first.Have u installed films?? Well films do make a difference in summers atleast.Rest i've personally checked the MJD's aircon and i can any day vouch that its the best :) Try parking your car under shade and then check with the colling, and then park under direct sunlight and then cross check.You'll have a ruff idea then.
  7. Well i will narrate my expeirence here... i have a 90 hp which i get to my office everyday and even if i am 5 mins late ..i have to park pintu(my punto) under direct sunlight.... and ... this happens most the time:)

i generally go for a smoke with my friends after lunch and for this we go outside in my car...
    The temperature as displayed by MID is in range of 42-46 and it just takes the AC around 2 minutes to chill the cabin so much that my friends ask me to slow down the ac:)
    and i generally drive the car for around 2 kms with all the windows down and then start off the ac.. (guess its a good practice)
    So i think a little bit of patience is the key.....
    This ac is way ahead in its class as in comparison to other cars for sure..
  8. gautham

gautham Novizio

Coimbatore
    Hi Sanfiat,
    Check your air filter/ air con vents for any dust particles. If you get them cleaned, you can notice remarkable improvement in the AC cooling time. Also wait for a min or two before you roll up your window (as suggested by most fiatians)
  9. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Gautham..Will try that . i get to feel a bit of comfort at driving position after 10-15 minutes , but the passengers in the rear seats keep complaining of not getting enough cooling. I end up pushing the ac/fan knob to full. But i feel that might not be the right thing to do.....will check out with teh filter cleaning and all....I havegarware films on all door glasses and rear (50% sun protection)
  10. amitp

amitp Amatore

Pune, Maharashtra
    Hi,

Kindly take into consideration the ambient temperatures in the current climate. A good idea is to roll down the windows and run the blowers (especially when your car is parked in sunlight) so that the cabin temperature matches the ambient temperature. It may take around a minute for this to happen. Do this only if you feel that your cabin is hot and / or humid than the ambient air outside your car. In most other conditions as late night, early mornings, car parked in shade etc you may not need to match the cabin temperature to the ambient temperature.

If you still feel that the a/c is not working properly, kindly do compare it with some other car of similar class in similar conditions. Ideal candidate would be a Punto but otherwise check with a hatchback which stands next to your car for almost the same time in office.

Cheers

Amit