1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Air circulation to the rear (AC)

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Deepak R, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,

I was driving my GP Emotion MJD yesterday with 4 members occupied. AC cools the front section in no time. But despite 45mins of driving, the persons at the rear were telling me that the AC is not sufficient enough and were not getting cooled. To which mode should i keep inorder to cool the rear section??? Plz help me out !!!!

:) :) Thank you :) :)
  2. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Put your AC in Full Auto, it makes difference in rear cooling or heating. Also turn your centre AC vents to roof, it will make a huge difference in rear temp in initial phase.
  3. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mine is not a Emotion pack. It is the Emotion variant. Just 3months old :)
  4. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry, did not read the variant of your car. Turn your centre AC vents to roof, it will make a huge difference in rear temp in initial phase.
  5. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is there anything regarding the speed of the car??? Because i could notice the entire cabin of my friend's Ritz was very cool even at temperatures of upto 38[SUP]0[/SUP]C with AC fan at just the second level. We were travelling on highway with a consistent speed of about 80kmph. Also what is the time taken to cool the entire cabin of GP??? Any idea of the capacity of the AC compressor of GP??? What is the prescribed mode that i should keep?

Thank you
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Deepak for better efficiency, drive you car with a/c on and windows opened for around a min or two so that the hot air inside the cabin is wiped out. Keep the fan speed in 2-3 during this time. Once you feel that the excess heat insie the cabin has gone, close all the windows & now turn the fan speed to max & the centre vents pointing to the roof or to the rear. Once you feel that the cabin temp is slightly cool, reduce the fan speed to 3 again. Now your cabin wil have a good cooling effect. But if you really feel that A/c is low, get it checked at a TASS at the earliest. Even a low gas or the A/c 'O' ring issue which some models had could also constitute to this. Please try to compare A/C with other puntos. Different manufactures have different capacity A/c's.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Deepak R have you installed sun films. Good quality films help cut heat inside the cabin by upto 50% and more.
    First of all get your AC gas level checked. The Punto should chill you to bone when the temp outside is around 30 degree which is avg temp of bangalore these days
    Speed does impact the performance of AC, in traffic jam the condenser will not get good enough flow of air while on a open road at speeds there will be plenty of air available to transfer heat.
    Ideally AC efficiency is at its best with lowest fan setting. Let the AC run around 30sec in lowest speed to allow the pipes and air passages cool, and then increase the blower speed. Use fresh air intake for 1 min with windows slightly down to get rid of hot air inside the cabin which is much much higher than outside temperature and then switch to re circulation mode and close window.
    Side AC vents direction should be such that they throw air towards rear and not on the front side windows or passenger face.
  8. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes i have installed 3M CS50

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

@ Cinju, thanks i ll try it out
  9. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Hi Deepak,

Whatever may be the outside condition and regardless of sun films, punto AC should chill everyone in less than a minute. Get the AC checked once if it's really taking long. I had AC problem when my car was a month old (it was not at all chilling) and it turned out to be the famous O-ring issue. It was solved FOC in a day at TASS.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  10. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Deepak , Try This,

1.Roll Down windows ,Move for up to 1 Km with full fan with AC On and Middle flow and Lower foot level On Reason Hot air goes up and cool air takes the bottom - So it will help to chill faster
    2. Roll windows up after 5 mins , Keep the AC fan speed 50 % of it bcoz at this speed only Maintained Chill air will flow
    3.If four passenger fills the place ,Close the Left vent in Centre Console Completely for some time this will make the other 4 vents with good amount of air @ equal speed of air flow even at the back will be a little faster cooling.