1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Air Bags Light Warning on - Air Bags ECU Faulty

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by jayzter46, Feb 14, 2012.

1. jayzter46

I have Air Bag warning light always on and buzzing. On taking it to the service station - I was informed that the ECU is gone kaput and requires replacement which is not covered under warranty..... :eek:

Any insights on how to get this resolved???? There was no external impact or any such thing... Its an internal fault and start flashing one fine day out of the blue.....

Any suggestions.... Recommendation are welcome

2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

why its not covered under warranty? i think they are just fooling you. first try disconnecting battery and resetting the ECU. if error still persists check the error code on ECU scanner and erase the error.

if still there is a problem ask them to check the sensors which are faulty. entire ECU getting faulty is not digestable.

even if ECU is faulty and your car is under warranty they have to change the ECU FOC
  3. Tron

Tron Superiore

absolutely! Just bring that guy front of me who said ECU is not covered under warrenty.

Seriously i don't understand why the heck these sh*t heads keep fooling around customers??

Do what italiya-linea told you. If it still presist then go to TASC. And if they are again giving you shuch kind of lame excuses then just shoot a mail to FIAT & also reg. complaint on FIAT's toll free customercare no. 18002095556.

Keep us posting what progress is happening in this case.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thats strange not covered under warranty, eventhough its faulty...
    Write to FIAT customer care...

Electronic warranty:- i will be changing my blaupunkt speakers(only left front) under warranty(may be not much worth) today,left the car to TASS... agreed by the SA that the speaker was faulty and giving crackling sound....my car is about to one year old..