1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ahmedabad to Leh in Punto Evo

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Pankaj Dubey, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Pankaj Dubey

Pankaj Dubey Timido

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3

Dear Raakesh ji & Viny ji,

Thanks for wonderful ideas !!!
    Please share whattsapp numbers inbox to my profile on Facebook. Lets make a start for the noble cause you just mentioned in very right way.

I further find ways to get connected with other interested members, but your ideas and inputs are always valuable and welcome.. Please help.
    RAAKESH likes this.
  2. RAAKESH

RAAKESH Timido

SURAT
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear Pankaj friend request pending on fb ☺
  3. Pankaj Dubey

Pankaj Dubey Timido

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Sir now its done
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 25, 2016 ---
    The dates came and brings lot of excitement and happiness. My Raw plan was like this till when I start the journey. Final plan.PNG

And here I was supposed to travel alone till 29 of may. I started late evening saturday from ahmedabad to udaipur and stayed night at a prebooked guest house.
    Started early from Udaipur for delhi. However I was very late till i reach delhi because of jam due to road rrepair work till jaipur and than the usual traffic before gurgaon to Delhi railway station.

I finished my day of drive at Delhi Railway Station, which is right at the center of the delhi.
    Many of my friend as me a question why railwaystation it will be too far and will takes a hell lot of time, to be true this certainly a hell lot of time and fatigue to reach there.

But But But,, As my plan was to left my car at delhi for next 4 days. And it isn't easy to find a parking there, and I have to cath train to bhubaneshwar early morning so parking car anywhere else and reaching station so early would be very difficult.
    On the same time parking at delhi is too costly the cheapest option available is metro station parking. So I did exactly the same.

I parked my car at paharganj metro railway station. My boot was too heavy having belongings of us for marriage function and for leh trip from there on. But Boot which looks like a simple hatchback was good enough to handle two medium size bags and two backpack.

To have comfort and easiness I had booked Railway Guest house for our night stay.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 25, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 25, 2016 ---
    The Happy story in Summary is untouched of following surprises, Which brings twists and changes in plans

A glance of surprises :

1. Train delayed by more than 24 hours.

2. Cancellation of flight tickets.

3. Return journey train cancelled, for a journey nearly 36 hours.

4. Cancellation of train of co-travellers coming from ahmedabad to join us in delhi.

5. Road closed from sonmarg to kargil over zozilla.

6. Really bad weather with avalanche during crossing of Fotula.

7. Unavailability of hotels in Leh.

8. AMS for two co-travellers.

9. Stuck in Zozilla while return journey.

10.Curfew in Jammu & Kashmir during return journey, followed by 6 hour jam on jammu srinagar highway.

11.Hot encounter with Police in Rajasthan.

Yes till here everything was fine but the train which We have board get delayed by more than 24 hours. And bride was travelling with us so to get bhubaneshwar was equally difficult to its importance.
    When we slept we were at Kanpur and when we wake up the train has reached to allahbad. means its was making rounds around the kanpur all the night.

We get off and booked a flight to delhi where we had a connecting flight to bhubaneswar.
    This time too the story has a surprise.. we didnt get confirm ticket from delhi to bhubaneshwar, and booked another flight next morning and stayed at a hotel.
    Here another surprise was the cancellation of our return train from bhubaneshwar to delhi.
    And this was supposed to be same train which we have opt for reaching to bhubaneshwar
    As this was too late it was cancelled straight away.
    We than join our relatives with a waiting ticket to reach delhi somehow. By this time we were running late by a day.

From here we were supposed to be joined by our co travellers. They have managed to travel to delhi from ahmedabad and meet us at delhi railway station.

Can't express the happiness that we are finally stating our journey.
    And finally much awaited day has come the 29 of May I was waiting at New Delhi Railway station, soon we were joined by Deepak & his wife.

We quickly adjust our luggage and were ready to shoot by 4:30 p.m. We were having 4 medium size bags, two backpack and plus few extra as breakfast. It was easy to fix the stuff in big boot of Punto.

For the further navigation I was depending on Google Maps Set Jammu as destination straight away in spite of 4:30 in evening we were fresh and I was confident that I can drive all night till we reach Jammu. 600 Kms in a stretch was target.

Route we follow SONIPAT – PANIPAT- KARNAL – KURUKSHETRA – AMBALA- LUDHIYANA – JALANDHAR – PATHANKOT – VIJAYPUR

Thanks to the outer ring road of Delhi which takes us out of Delhi than we have expected. After having dinner somewhere between Panipat & Sonipat. All the journey was not stop except a break for Tea when I was feeling exhausted after crossing Jalandhar it was around 2-3 a.m. in the morning by this time.

Deepak takes driver seat from Sonipat to Ludhiyana, this time Idea was to keep me fresh to take care of Tricky part from Jammu to Srinagar which was not as good at that time and roads were opened just after repair work, chances were we may found one way traffic t that day so we were prepare to stay at Jammu.

I was required to be on the driver seat well before than we have planned that was Pathankot

So now From Ludhiyana it was my part to play thanks to Deepak for good average speeds on smooth highways of Punjab.

So It was all silence except slow music which keeps me awake.

I was feeling sleepy by the time I was about to reach Jammu, all others except me were already sleeping. Taking a wise decision I decided to take a power nap and be fresh for Jammu to Srinagar stretch. We rent a family room for having a bath and get fresh. Well I hit bed for a sound sleep of 2 hours till all three was getting ready.

Scenery from here starts changing and we were happy having a break at patnitop.

DSCN0011.JPG

DSCN0002.JPG

DSCN0015.JPG
    Here another surprise was the cancellation of our return train from bhubaneshwar to delhi.
    And this was supposed to be same train which we have opt for reaching to bhubaneshwar
    As this was too late it was cancelled straight away.
    We than join our relatives with a waiting ticket to reach delhi somehow. By this time we were running late by a day.

From here we were supposed to be joined by our co travellers. They have managed to travel to delhi from ahmedabad and meet us at delhi railway station.

Can't express the happiness that we are finally stating our journey.
    And finally much awaited day has come the 29 of May I was waiting at New Delhi Railway station, soon we were joined by Deepak & his wife.

We quickly adjust our luggage and were ready to shoot by 4:30 p.m. We were having 4 medium size bags, two backpack and plus few extra as breakfast. It was easy to fix the stuff in big boot of Punto.

For the further navigation I was depending on Google Maps Set Jammu as destination straight away in spite of 4:30 in evening we were fresh and I was confident that I can drive all night till we reach Jammu. 600 Kms in a stretch was target.

Route we follow SONIPAT – PANIPAT- KARNAL – KURUKSHETRA – AMBALA- LUDHIYANA – JALANDHAR – PATHANKOT – VIJAYPUR

Thanks to the outer ring road of Delhi which takes us out of Delhi than we have expected. After having dinner somewhere between Panipat & Sonipat. All the journey was not stop except a break for Tea when I was feeling exhausted after crossing Jalandhar it was around 2-3 a.m. in the morning by this time.

Deepak takes driver seat from Sonipat to Ludhiyana, this time Idea was to keep me fresh to take care of Tricky part from Jammu to Srinagar which was not as good at that time and roads were opened just after repair work, chances were we may found one way traffic t that day so we were prepare to stay at Jammu.

I was required to be on the driver seat well before than we have planned that was Pathankot

So now From Ludhiyana it was my part to play thanks to Deepak for good average speeds on smooth highways of Punjab.

So It was all silence except slow music which keeps me awake.

I was feeling sleepy by the time I was about to reach Jammu, all others except me were already sleeping. Taking a wise decision I decided to take a power nap and be fresh for Jammu to Srinagar stretch. We rent a family room for having a bath and get fresh. Well I hit bed for a sound sleep of 2 hours till all three was getting ready.

Scenery from here starts changing and we were happy having a break at patnitop.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  4. Pankaj Dubey

Pankaj Dubey Timido

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    A few Views of kashmir valley

DSCN0032.JPG

DSCN0035.JPG

DSCN0036.JPG
    mchanna likes this.
  5. Pankaj Dubey

Pankaj Dubey Timido

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Having these beautiful views we reach Srinagar and stayed at a hotel we found best on the way.
    After Driving almost all day into the hills and traffic I was very tired, We face unexpected jams and slow moving traffic which makes us too tired. As we have crossed udhampur and patnitop early in the morning, we awere not able to find any standard restaurant the whole noon, Finally we manage to find a decent dhaba on the way
  6. Pankaj Dubey

Pankaj Dubey Timido

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Here are the pics from Srinagar DSCN0360.JPG IMG_20150531_192426.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, May 5, 2016, Original Post Date: May 5, 2016 ---
    Dal Lake in evening

DSCN0361.JPG
    DSCN0365.JPG
    PradeepM likes this.
  7. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    @Pankaj Dubey , what is it about the police encounter in Rajasthan?
  8. Pankaj Dubey

Pankaj Dubey Timido

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    A few more of Dal lake in night

This is the market on boats on dal lake DSCN0410.JPG DSCN0411.JPG DSCN0409.JPG

DSCN0403.JPG
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. Pankaj Dubey

Pankaj Dubey Timido

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Now started our journey from Srinagar to Kargil.
    We had left pretty early so we can reach as early as possible to kargil. But this doesn't work due to the oneway traffic timings for crossing zozi la. We had to wait from 10 in the morning to around 1 p.m at sonmarg checkpost to go ahead.
    Hear we had omlatte and maggi available for lunch and just it.

Now have a look at the way towards Zozila.

DSCN9879.JPG DSCN9883.JPG
    --- Double Post Merged, May 16, 2016 ---
    20150601_122000.jpg
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
  10. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Is it safe to drive in terrorist infested j&k during night. My friend told me that people there are not so friendly.

To be specific, aren't there chances of getting kidnapped?

What if there is a break down midway?

Are there army men all over the road?

Did you visited the kargil war memorial?

One more question :
    Was there snowfall at panitrop?