1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aftermarket HU for Punto Emotion 2011

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by 5hadow, Jan 25, 2013.

1. 5hadow

5hadow Timido

New Delhi
    Hi,

First my current setup:

HU - Stock
    Front - RF Comps
    Rear - RF Co-Axials

Now, the queries:

1. Would going for an aftermarket HU help in improving SQ or Bass at all, considering I am on a strict budget of 7-8K ?

2. If the answer to the above query is yes, then please suggest a 1-Din HU. My only "must-have" feature is front-USB.

Also, no plans on adding Amp or Sub at the moment. Just looking for the convenience of USB.

Shoot ....
  2. Try Pioneer DEH-X7950SD Mixtrax.
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    check out Alpine media player....
  4. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    suggest you research these one...

1) JVC KD-R90BT
    2) JVC KD-R80BT (less expensive than the above one, i think you should get it around the 8k range or better after discount)

online listed price is in the range of 10k - 13k INR... i think you can get it at discounted price in any of the reputed brick and mortar store in your area.(do ask for bill and warranty though!)

- - - Merged Post - - -

I think JVC KD-R90BT is an updated version of JVC KD-R926BT, which was one of the most sought after/recommended head-unit on this forum a year ago. (some research on this very forum will lead you to that!)
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  5. 5hadow

5hadow Timido

New Delhi
    Thanks for all the replies.

I am assuming that the answer to my first questions is a BIG Yes. Please correct me if I am wrong.

As I am a novice, I would like to ask all my fellow members, why is the basic spec of all HUs the same - "50Wx4 MOSFET". It does not matter if the HU costs 3k or 30k, I see this spec everytime. Why? Why should someone go for a 30k HU if the sound is going to be more or less the same as a 3k HU?
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    50Wx4 MOSFET: It just implies the built-in amplifier function power capability of the HU to an certain extend.

This doesn't means that a power amp is not required. Because of
    50Wx4 MOSFET, you can connect your HU with any component for a fair enough sound quality.

But the other features like DVD video, Bluetooth streaming, touch screen, navigation options, etc makes a HU costlier than that of 3k HU.

Guys please correct me if wrong or any missing.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  7. 5hadow

5hadow Timido

New Delhi
    So, basically, all HUs have the same(?) built-in amp capability? I find it a little difficult to believe. What makes a Pioneer sound different from a Kenwood even if the price range is same?

Any ICE gurus around?
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    It depends on the entire system configuration (HU+Speakers or HU+Amp+Harness+Speakers+Sub woofer+damping).

This means all HUs are not compatible with all speakers on which we are having a demo.

Once you decide the HU then check for the best speakers or components which suites your taste.

I had the demos of JBLs, sony's, focals, kickers, list will go on and on but for such speakers which HU or amp is suitable can be decided by the last output only.

Pioneer can sound good or better on any speaker but kenwood may not sound good on the same setup. But Kenwood can sound on different setup which you can not get in pioneer.

It's depend.

I am using OEM HU + Vibe Amp + Vibe co-axial speakers + Vibe reflex sub woofer + OEM 4 speakers.