1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aftermarket Diesel\Fuel Filter's For MJD fiat's

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Akshay4384, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Since my Car is now not covered under warranty,and aftersales wont let me use my own FS engine oil.
    I want to get the car serviced outside,oil filter is freely available,but i am skeptical about Diesel filter.
    I checked out with a Bosch Distributor yesterday,and they dont have aftermarket Diesel filters for Fiats.
    Has anyone else used a aftermarket fuel filter?,any particular brand to look for?
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    There is one Made in Delhi brand whose name i've forgotten. Available here in Chandigarh.

BUT, i wouldn't be too comfortable using it. The CRDI pump and injectors are precision things and you need clean diesel in there. Try and get the real deal. Having said that, people routinely use them. But i wouldn't.

Any chance of getting the OEM diesel filter from TASS?

Where are you getting it serviced from. In Sector 52, Chd motor market, the FIAT guys there routinely service Linea and Punto. Ask for Raju/ Shyam.
    1 person likes this.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    As gurjinder have said above stick to OEM filters only. I bet anyone can beat UFI filters in quality.
    You can buy OEM fuel filters from TATA Spare part dealer in Manimajra backside of Fun Republic.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

This is going to be first proper sevice outside the aftersales.
    Engine oil part can be handled by any mech.
    I am just worried about fuel filter part.
    Where exactly in sector 52,or is it 48 one?

I want to stick to OEM only,as long as i get it outside,nothing like it.
    i know a tata spare part dealer in my hometown as well,let me see if i can source it.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Don't worry about the fuel filter part. It's pretty much similar to what the Palio D had. And these guys have changed plenty of Linea/Punto diesel filters.

Just ask for the Sector 52 Motor Market,Near to the petrol pump on the main road.

Here's the contact number :

Shyam - 9988331375

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    There are 2 types of filters. One with sensor and one without the sensor. Emotion pk linea has one with sensor. I would suggest you to stick with oem. God forbid it allows dirt into injectors and those costly jets are gone.
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Are you sure about the difference in sensors?
    I am pretty sure,even Dynamic's and Emotions use the same filter,as the difference in the trims are purely cosmetic and electronic in nature.
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    The filters are same in Dynamic, Emotion, Emotion Pk and Active variants.
    The sensor from old filter can be removed and fitted to new filter. It doesn't need to be changed everytime.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

but new filters at T.A.S.S come with a new sensor everytime,isnt it?
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Now they come with new sensor but earlier it used to come without sensor and used to come a lot cheaper too.
    I advice you to get in touch with UFI filters India branch to see if they can sell only filter and from where you can buy them may be you can get it cheaper that way.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012