1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aftermarket Alloys Discussions

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by royj, Apr 12, 2011.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Any after market alloys of 98PCD requires hubcentric rings. Inner diameter would be 58.1mm. I am not sure of the outside diameter. Need to measure it to be sure.
  2. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    mostly I would say. What you can do is check the manufacturers site for the bore diameter of the alloys. That would be your outer diameter.
  3. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Roy Brother,

again a query comes for you from Delhi.I had been to one of very famous tyre shop guy in south delhi. inquired him about hub centric rings and he said,"only front two wheels need to be fixed with these hub centric rings.he had shown me a ring which is standard for most of the HRS wheels and did a demo wherein he plonked that ring inside the alloy by applying some force and it was perfect fit,as per my observation that ring can't be removed without the help of a screwdriver.

Plz advice on these two:
    1.Only front wheels need hub centric(if at all we going for these rings)?
    2.That hub centric ring which is standard(as mentioned above) for hrs wheels should do the purpose for us?
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    1. All wheels need hub centric rings. Putting them on the front wheels alone will remove the vibrations felt in the steering wheel, and gives you the feeling that everything is fine, but in reality it isn't.

2. Standard hub centric ring? All he has shown you is that outer diameter of the hub centric ring is perfect for the Alloy. You need to ensure that the inner diameter of the hub centric ring is perfect for the hub of your car and in case of Punto it is 58.1mm. If this criteria is satisfied as well, then it will serve the purpose.

Hope this is clear to you now.
  5. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Roy bro,

yup,all answers given many thanks.
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Saw it on the Fiat FB page.. super hot. i m n love with this !!!

180234_447034145306882_839086938_n.jpg
  7. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    how this looks?

2012-06-11 20.42.36.jpg
    7 people like this.
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    ^ I like them
  9. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

same as the picture above.. but colour diff...
    nice design

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

where is the product shipped from..?!
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    didnt get you thomas, If you meant about HRs from sai mag wheels, they ship it from delhi.