1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aftermarket Alloys Discussions

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by royj, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks RoyJ for this thread.. came to know about the tires,alloys with alphanumerics...
    i have bookmarked it!
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Its almost an year now, but I did just that a few weeks back.

TFI_Trvm 009.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
    6 people like this.
  3. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Hi,

I need to choose alloys & tyres for my MJD punto ACTIVE...which is due this Friday..

Please suggest for below:

1.Alloys (Lenso,Power,Samurai etc)..with price please
    2.Alloy size (14" or 15" ??)
    3.Alloy PCD (gues it is 98 PCD)
    4.Alloy cost??
    5.Tyres (Yokohama C ,Bridgestone potenza/turanza, MRF ZLO etc)
    6.Tyre size
    7.Whats the buy back prize I can command for stock goodyear tyres (for 5 nos)
    8.Drop in mileage?

I am aware it hasbeen discussed,,,but can somebody pleasesummarize at one shot..
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    There is no shortcut other than reading through the threads to gain the knowledge you need. However my comments on the queries given below.

1.Alloys (Lenso,Power,Samurai etc)..with price please
    This is really your choice depending on your budget and design preference

2.Alloy size (14" or 15" ??)
    Same as above

3.Alloy PCD (gues it is 98 PCD)
    Yes it is 98PCD

4.Alloy cost??
    Same as 1 and 2. Lenso is costly but considered to be better, I am not aware of others

6.Tyre size
    This depends on your choice of alloys. You can choose anything between 185 and 205mm wide tyres with profile to suit your rim size. 185/70 R14 and 195/60 R15 are the recommended sizes.

7.Whats the buy back prize I can command for stock goodyear tyres (for 5 nos)
    This depends on your location and luck as well

8.Drop in mileage?
    Nothing significant
    2 people like this.
  5. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Thanks RoyJ..

185/70 R14 & Yokohama - C drives is what I have chosen...

Can someone plz give an avg quote for stock tyre buy back (5 nos)..is 16K good?

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Thanks RoyJ..

185/70 R14 & Yokohama - C drives is what I have chosen...

Can someone plz give an avg quote for stock tyre buy back (5 nos)..is 16K good?
  6. Hi Puntosat,

Me and my friend exchanged our stock JK tyres for 2400 rs per tyre and put a Michlin XM2 185-70-R14 profile on our new Punto Dynamic.
  7. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    AFAIK C-drives are not available in 185/70 r14. Its available in 185/65 R14.
  8. arjunr

arjunr Amatore

Bangalore
    Nice post :) You drive at 170kmph on your 1.3MJD Punto ? Wow I could push it to 158 .. then I was out of road :)
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    @ Varun : There are very few pics of my car in the forum, but scattered over various threads. I donot consider my alloys to be SUPER HOT, though I have recieved many compliments for the same. Here are few pics .... hope you'll like them too.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg
    3 people like this.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I was going through saimagwheels.com to search for 98PCD alloys.
    I found most of them quoted as 98+100PCD ..
    Now does this cause any problem as opposed to pure 98PCD alloys?

I mean, if its 98-100 PCD , this mean there will be 2 sets of 4 grooves , one set drilled at 98PCD while the other drilled at 100PCD.
    Does this cause any problems with regards to the material's integrity (owing to so many holes being drilled) when compared with Alloys with only 98PCD holes?

saimagwheels looks to be the only place where I'm able to find 98PCD alloys.. So I would really like to know about these differences.