1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aftermarket Alloys Discussions

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by royj, Apr 12, 2011.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Above one certainly is a drool maal. Those blackened bits and low profiles on orange alloys. Deadly combination!
    But this one is sure for smooth roads!
    varunrtr likes this.
  2. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

I just want to know HOW THE HELL THEY MANAGE WITH SUCH A LOW PROFILE ??
    I mean, sometimes even a 60 profile gets reduced to nothing on our indian roads, then how this low is even manageable? :-D
    But surely a beauty to drool.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Heard this is also from kerala !! :D :D where roads are far from perfect state !!!!! and can sacrifice comfort for looks ;)
  4. chandu.paladugu

chandu.paladugu Timido

Bangalore
    Hi All,

One of my friend is having Etios and he is looking to upgrade to aftermarket alloys.
    he is offering me his OEM alloys which are run for 16K with bridgestone turanza tires at a 15K!

Etios runs on 15" alloys with 100 PCD (think so)

Please advice whether it is OK to go with them. what are the addtional things we have to do if we need to use on a punto.

looking for help!

Cheers,
    Chandu

IMG-20150424-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20150424-WA0007.jpg
  5. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Dont you think those alloys are super boring ? Even if those were 98pcd, you had something positive to go for, but, man just dont !

Btw dont want to spoil your freind's deal but 15k for a used OEM set is way too much. I have seen almost new OEM getting sold for mere 6-8k in shops. People usually leave OEM with the Tyre shops while upgrading to aftermarket alloys in dirt cheap price. So look around, you will get better designs then those.

Cheers.
  6. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    OEM alloys are waste of money. Buy some good make alloys. Also don't go for etios alloys coz etios being a merely 1080 kg car. Alloys will be designed as per car you fill face ovalty problem in future. My opinion not a good deal
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well, being 100pcd, these can be used with hub rings(see first page of this thread) . But as sunswape mentioned, these are too boring. But for this nice deal, may be you can consider painting it anthracite color for some aesthetics and running for sometime till you can buy some decent looking wheels.
    KKAUL, what do mean ovality problem cos of weight? if you are meaning alloy bend, it is due to our bad roads n unscientifically made bumps, jumping a speed breaker or craters on our roads !
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    If you are ready to spend aroun 15k then I would suggest to add few more grands and go for some nice branded alloys. There are many options available in market and there is no harm using 100PCD alloys but make sure you will use hub ring for the same.
  9. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Roads are bad in all part of the world Even in some parts of Europe. If you happen to see the test of suspension in the factory the car is made to undergo lot of abuse with wheel on it. The abuse is much higher than what roads can cause. Alloy wheel if of correct design,composition and proper tyre section won't bend even if you take it on a bumpy road.
    Good manufacturer who design car properly take care of all this.
    For Eg. Try to reason out why swift does'nt have so much of timing chain issues while punto has and though both run with same heart You will get your reply for the alloys
  10. chandu.paladugu

chandu.paladugu Timido

Bangalore
    Hi all,

Thanks for your views!

Yeah i too felt that they are boring and doesnt gel well on Punto. I will plan to go for after market alloys as they improve vehicle looks by leaps and bounds and also sturdy i believe.

I have already told my friend NO for this.

Cheers!
    Chandu