1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aftermarket Alloys Discussions

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by royj, Apr 12, 2011.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yes the dimensions for hub rings are correct.
    From my experience, it is better to go for synthetic polymer based (a.k.a. plastic) hub rings than those fabricated using Aluminium.
  2. Samy Alamuri

Samy Alamuri Amatore

Bhimavaram, India
    PCD Query

Planning to install 17 inch alloys of 100 PCD
    Will there be any issues regarding installing 100 PCD alloys ?
    Does anyone know how to install 100 PCD alloy on 98 PCD Hub ? If yes please let me know
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Always helps to search the forum first. Please read this.

Rajan
  4. Samy Alamuri

Samy Alamuri Amatore

Bhimavaram, India
    Thanq Patchyboy
    read that post but can anyone explain me in simple way not in technical way :)
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You read that whole thread and still want a simpler explanation? :confused

Rajan
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I am sure he has read that thread also, but wants a simpler explanation. I get flamed when I say this, but people should stop treating this platform as a bunch of jobless mechanics, waiting to offer free advice. I mean, the topic of PCD, aftermarket alloys, tyres, etc. has been discussed thread-bare in this forum, but still the OP wants to start a new thread, hoping that someone will give him a simple answer. Come on all of us have a day job too, don't we?

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  7. Samy Alamuri

Samy Alamuri Amatore

Bhimavaram, India
    thanks for the link chethansgangoor
    And mr patchyboy if someone asked for help be polite or just do your day job or something okay.
    If someone done it practically they can say me if it is an easy process like wise that is what i asked.

8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Samy,

Here is the most simple answer I can give.

Question: Planning to install 17 inch alloys of 100 PCD, Will there be any issues regarding installing 100 PCD alloys ?
    Answer: Almost certainly YES.

If you need an explanation on why it is so, you will need to go through the thread in detail.

Please go through this post for a little more detailed explanation on PCD mismatch
    The problems commonly associated with PCD mismatch are
    1. The bolts loosing their threads and failing to grip causing the wheel to come out - usually happens over time and probably after removing and refitting the wheel a couple of times.
    2. Bolts shearing off and causing the wheel to come out

Also go through the entire thread for understanding the importance of Hub-Centric rings.
    You will need to use Hub-Centric rings even if the PCD is 98.
    1 person likes this.
  9. In simple words PCD or Pitch Center Diameter is the distance between the wheel bolts. For most Maruti vehicles its PCD 100 meaning 100 mm distance. For most Fiat vehicles it is 98mm. Since this being a rotating part even a slight mis match will create vibrations which results in discomfort, mechanical problems etc. Hub Centric Rings are used to fill the gap between hub center and the wheel center area. If this ring is not used the wheel nuts will take all the load of the car which is not good as you know. While buying wheels need to also buy the hub centric rings. Also please only fit PCD 98 wheels even if the shop keeper tries to convince you the other way. PCD 98 wheels are not easily available and it is best to order it online from saimagwheels.
    1 person likes this.