1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aftermarket Alloys Discussions

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by royj, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Roy, good choice of alloys. The painted hubs look classy.
    The fiat monograms are smaller in size and would look odd with these alloys. You may try and see for yourself & then decide.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Tony, Putting on Fiat monograms was definitely on the agenda, but I did not want to put any odd stickers in its place.
    bnzjon, you are right.
    varoon9999, The original monograms from the wheel caps were too small to be used on this alloys.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Royj, You can get the Monogram made in Radium by the local numberplate guys and fix it as per the size of the Hub, Dont put any other sticker in the place except the FIAT monogram.
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Size of wheel bolts

Adding the size of bolts to this.

wheelbolt.jpg

Length: 22-28mm (stock size is 22mm, longer ones may be required depending on the Alloy wheel)
    Bolt Diameter: 12mm
    Head Diameter: 21.5mm +/- 0.5mm
    HEX (Key) Size: 17mm
    Pitch: 1.25mm
    Taper: 60 - 70 degrees
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  5. SunilFiat

SunilFiat Novizio

pune
    :wow
    Hi.
    Very Nice and Informative thread. You have done lot of research. Keep good work.

Nice Choice.
  6. Did u know.Grande Punto comes with 100 pcd in europe.Linea has a 98 PCD though.Since Linea came in first to INDIA,punto also must be 98 in INDIA.But watever it is both models dont have any issues when fitted with 100 pcd wheels.Palio had a lot of issues.punto stock bolts have been used in most cases where ppl have gone for 100 pcd.but in palio the cars with stock steel wheels had a bolt of thread length 33cm if i m not wrong.and the GTX alloys needed a bolt of 55cm length.so i had to buy these bolts when i bought GTX alloys for ma SIENA.BTW tuner bolts are used with allen key bits when the wheels have multi pcd(ie.8 holes or so),the head of the stock bolts are big and cant get into the cramped hole of such wheels.

Another bit of info.
    Punto comes with M12 hex bolts
    Palio had M14 hex bolts.this was one more reason for issues with 100 pcd on palio.

These are all the info this poor budding mechanical engineer could contribute.Also anyone who wants aftermarket wheels,ping me i can arrange at very competitive rates.Its one help which i can do for ppl in the forum.its not of much business interest to me.
    Last edited: May 1, 2011
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @royj

How do we measure the size of the required hub centric rings?

Gurjinder.
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Gurjinder,
    I used vernier calipers for measuring. Removed the wheel and measured the diameter of the hub. That is the inner diameter for the hubcentric ring. Also measured the diameter of the centre bore of the alloy wheel. That is the outer diameter for the hubcentric ring.
    Had to do some jugaad for measuring the bore of the alloy wheel as the calipers wouldn't go inside the alloy for proper measurement. I cut a small piece of plastic stick (earbuds/toothpicks etc., would do fine) so that it would go in just right into the centre hole and then measure the length of the stick.

Sorry some how I missed this post and saw it just now.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Thanks Roy.

Ever since i read your thread , been wanting to get it for the Palio D. Just didnt know how to measure it.

Gurjinder.
  10. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    overall an excellant thread with technnical information. Great knowledge !