1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aftermarket Alloys Discussions

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by royj, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    I have HRS alloy wheels on my ride.

IMG02975-20120610-1911.jpg

I had bought it from Sai Mag Wheels only by keeping a local dealer in between.

They said, Hub Rings are not needed for 98 pcd alloy wheels.

Car used to start vibrating and vobbling post 130 KMPH.

Got Hub Rings installed on front 2 wheels (After trying Balancing - Alignments couple of times) but it still was vibrating post 145 KMPH.

Got hub rings for the rear 2 wheels as well then... 'Peace of Mind' since then :cool:... no vibrations all the way up till 175 KMPH.

Cheers... :up

Neel
    2 people like this.
  2. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Roy J,

what should be the material for the hub centric rings, i have fitted 100 pcd , 14 INCH ALLOYS on my punto just one week back , although everything is fine but the steering tends to vibrate a lot at the speed of around 100 to 120 KM/Hr onwards , so please advice on the same , also the dealer suggested that he
    will get the rings done locally from his vendor , but is it advisable to put such rings.
  3. DSC_8161.jpg DSC_8135.jpg

My 100 PCD alloys
    4 people like this.
  4. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    did you face any issues of vobling or steering shaking with these 100 pcd alloys ? i am facing the issues .
  5. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Super cool chetan. How much did u spent on this alloys.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Get hub rings , it should ideally solve your problem.
    As far as possible get Aluminium rings that fit just about perfectly. Avoid Plastic rings
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Hub centric rings are mandatory. You can use locally made rings if the dimensions are proper. I am using rings made of fiber (plastic) since April 2011 and have covered almost 30,000 kms on them through all kinds of terrain.
  8. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Roy

Thanks for feedback , can i get the details from where you have got those rings , and do you know any dealers or person in vadodara who
    can provide such rings,
  9. Any Engineering works can do that for you Ashish, get aluminium ones and also a metal file to fine tune if necessary. Ypu can check my ownership thread for it.
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Check these posts and a few after that. I got my rings from hub centric rings dot com