1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aftermarket Alloys Discussions

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by royj, Apr 12, 2011.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Soji, Yes it is possible to use linea 16"alloy in Punto without any problem. Use the 205/55 R16 profile tyre to get the correct measurement.
  2. 16 " linea alloy looks pretty cool on punto.. you can go 205/50/R16 without any issues with no speedo error and i think you will not gain GC compared to stock punto Alloy..
    i think you are running on 165/80/14..!
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  3. Sorry for double post couldnt edit , you can find out would be difference Screenshot-2.jpg Screenshot-3.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  4. soji

soji Novizio

Kerala-Idukki/Thrissur
    Idukki-Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks all for the clarifications....
  5. Hey Varun,
    I was testing my alloys with 225/50/17 Pirelli CINTURATOP7™ 94Y tires to find out the steering response and comfort level and so many said that steering will be hard by using wider profile but i didnt feel that way , thanks to Hydraulic Power Steering
    By the way My Punto is 2011 model not 2012:D
    Little wait i will post snaps..:oops::oops:

OT: Actually 225/50/17 are mostly on Audi,s and BMW's .. now on punto they feel great .. now just imagine how punto may look with those Shoes on it..;)
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Raghav,
    Alloys look gr8.post the pics asap :D
    1 person likes this.
  7. opendro

opendro Timido

Bangalore
    Punto and Linea have 5% speedo error (over-read). So, with 205/55/R16, it will get some correction. It will also improve the ground clearance by a whopping 10.5mm, making the old Punto/Linea GC 175mm (diesel) and 180mm (petrol).

I was tempted to go for 205/50/R17 long ago, but finding tires for this profile will reduce my options and will mostly be expensive. So, I dropped the plan. Then later, I had a series of suspension problems because of my abuse. All the four alloys are damaged beyond balance and that shows how much I had abused the car. My Linea has done just about 55,000 km and I think the suspension issues are sorted out finally and installed ground clearance kit also. I now cover more miles on cycles (average of 8000 km per year on bicycle) and thus I want to baby the car to reduce expense. Currently I'm running 195/65/R15 on heat treated stock alloys. I want to upgrade them to R16 sometime this year or next year, because R17 will make the ride a lot harsh (besides the problem of availability of right tires in shops).
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is a great initiative :up Since almost 2 years, I have been thinking of investing in a bicycle & use it for short distance travel but somehow havent been able to :A
    1 person likes this.
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    availability of 16" tires are lot more difficult than 17 inchers.. also the cost of 16 is much more than 17, when you can get 17 from 5200, 16 will be atleast 2-3k more per tire !!
  10. Great Idea Dude , But TFIian say with new GC kit the ride becomes more bumpy is it true ...?

Hey Varun dude 17" inch for 5200..? which brand dude dont say Nankang Kumho...:) 17 inchers are cheap than 16 cos most of mid size sedan come with 17 incher right...?