1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aftermarket Alloys Discussions

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by royj, Apr 12, 2011.

1. sunilmh

sunilmh Amatore

KA-02
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Raghavnu .. please post pics :)
  2. Thanks for reply Royj, i Have found out 205/50/17 from Kumho and Accelera Brand whats your say on these brands...? does it scrape , and what would be maximum size with 17" inchers..
    Still not fitted on car So just one pic

IMG_0139.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    you got it from santhosh from tbhp? every time he puts up an alloy on sale, i feel sad , getting alloys for such a steal, but could not use coz of diff pcd !!! havent heard of both brands of tires, try hankook ventus , nankang NS2, or maxxis(ask chethansgangoor for his opinion.. he has 17" maxxis)
  4. Why are you so worried regarding pcd when so many people here on forum are using 100 pcd ...? Now where in Bangalore can i get Hub centeric rings and what would be the price? . I want size of 73-58.1 or do i need to get done by some lathe people kindly guide
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I have no idea about those tyre brands. From what I see, the 205/50 are over size by 11mm in radius (22mm in diameter) which might create problems when you go over bumps.

17Wheels.jpg
    3 people like this.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    TFIan Phew used 17" quite extensively on his Punto and his recommendation was as under :

1 person likes this.
  7. Thanks for suggestion Royj and Gurjinder , but 45 profile the cushioning for alloys will be less no..? but according to the figures 205/45/17 will be best bet .. if any other alternatives please suggest
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

205/45/R17 will be your best bet
    tyres with 215 and 225 section will lead to some drop in performance.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    A1 car care center, near Mallige hospital , Ashoka pillar road
    You can go there and get aluminium rings.. If he does not have the size you want (which mostly he does) he will machine it for you in 15mins
    go there
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    205 is normally for 16" wheels... 215 is what kerala guys are having in their 17 inchers.. width must be atleast 7.5 J , hence, that ll be better.