1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aftermarket Alloys Discussions

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by royj, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My piece of research added here...
    I came across this site http://www.serpentautosport.com/HTML/Hub Adapters and Spacers.html.
    The wobble bolts are not so convincing from the pictorial representation here, the head and thread of the bolt is totally mis aligned, I am not sure how it works,but I am pretty impressed about the second one - wheel adapters, if we can really get the offset right with the adapter, and a properly offset alloy then we can have a 98PCD to any PCD adapter and fit the alloy of our dreams. There is no question of hub centric rings too. Did you notice "Custom Made (USA) to your exact requirements.". I dream to much ::T

WobbleBolt.jpg

WheelAdapters.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Punto specific wheel dimensions

Wheel dimensions specific to Punto. ET, PCD and Hub Diameter would be same for Linea as well.

Rim size (R): 14" or 15" (15" or 16" for Linea)
    Rim Width (J): 5.5" - This could go upto 6" depending on the tyre width.
    Offset (ET): 41mm - Anything from 38mm to 45mm should cause no issues.
    Pitch Circle Diameter (PCD): 4 x 98mm
    Hub Diameter: 58.1mm
  3. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    Many of us do this type of research, but many thnx to you for having it concised here.

Really gr8 job ROYJ. Thnx for ur time, its gr8 support to the community at large.
  4. Stallion

Stallion

Pune
    @ Pran Wobble bolts work on the same principle as Variation bolt shown in the diagram above by you .... so is that convincing enough now. :)
  5. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @royj,

Very well researched and informative. Thanks for sharing the info with us all.

Before buying the car, I too had done some research on this subject - very superficial compared to what you have done. However, my research was adequate for me to take the final buying decision - Emo Pack with OEM alloys. I think that 'after market' alloys have far too many issues.

Regards
    Johnny
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    :D You are right sir. When I did a cursory look into after market alloys, I too found so many issues and initially dropped my idea of getting alloys. Then I decided to get to the bottom of each and every issue and the result was this research.
  7. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My earlier Siena had after market alloy from League which was 100PCD and was fitted by grinding out some portion of the holes, I bought it in such a state. After a few kms I found that a bolt of the rear wheel lost grip since the thread was worn out and could not be tightened. I managed a good 25000 km with 3 bolts but the loose 4th bolt was on the back of my mind always. Side effect of wrong PCD and right skill used at the wrong place.
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    End result of my research

Final choice of Alloy Model H031 of HRS
    R14 J6 4x98PCD ET38
    Painted Hubs, 67x59.2 Hub rings (66.6x58.2 would have been ideal).

image002.jpg image003.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Royj justa small FIAT monogram sticker at the center of the mag will give a Grande look.
  10. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Roy try removing that fiat monograms from the original wheel caps and try fixing it in the middle of the alloy,as suggested by tony..

Tony Wat say???