1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aftermarket Alloys Discussions

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by royj, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    An update - Wheel alignment and balancing was never done on my car, even during free service. I was going through the free service bills and found no mention to either balancing or alignment. I called up my SA who promptly said "Sir, you have to pay for alignment and balancing, it is not a part of free service." :shocked Now, that I am installing alloys tomorrow, they would not do it anyhow, so don't know whether I should complain to Fiat India.
  2. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Got this in Today's Hindu
    tyre0001.jpg
  3. Bullet

Bullet Novizio

COIMBATORE
    DSC_0721.jpg

Dear All,

I have updated my Linea with 98 PCD, 15" - Star Racing alloy wheel last week. The Star Racing alloy wheel model is S238. The ring size is exactly 15mm (73.1-58.1). Many thanks to Vigneshram and Royj.
    3 people like this.
  4. Is there anything that can be done close the other holes.
  5. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Even i have the same question. Tyre centre guys always get confused and try different combinations. I have to tell them every time which one is 98 PCD.
  6. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    So u did'nt use hub rings?
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

Offset is not a big issue, you can go up or down 5mm from the manufacturer specification without any issue. PCD is more important.
    There is also no need to hammer in the ring, just pushing it with hand should be sufficient and it shouldn't fall out when you turn the wheel.
    You can get rings to exact specification from the net.

Balancing is required when ever you change tyres.
  8. Bullet

Bullet Novizio

COIMBATORE
    I have used 15mm hub centric rings(Wheel dia : 73.1mm ; Hub dia[By default : 58.1mm] So 73.1 Minus 58.1 = 15mm) for all four wheels. Then please note that if alloy wheel description says 98/100 PCD, the bigher holes are always mentioned the 98 PCD and other holes are for 100 PCD. In another way, I can conclude our default vehicle wheel bolt will suit the typical holes in the alloy wheel and Definitely that holes are 98PCD. I have tried this some another wheels, its works.

Meanwhile by using the vernier, I have clarified that the bigher holes are 98 PCD.
  9. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    hub.jpg
    Experts, need urgent advise. Please refer to the screws encircled in red. These prevent my alloys from fitting into the hub. If they are removed, the alloys should properly fit in. Is it risky to remove those? Urgent advise solicited.
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Removing them should not be an issue since you have 98PCD and use hub centric rings.
    Those are there to assist you when you fit the wheel back since we have bolt holes instead of lug bolts
    1 person likes this.